VimPdb : Integrated Python debugging within Vim
| script karma
Downloaded by 3870
Comments, bugs, improvements
script versions (upload new version)
| * Tired of debugging Python using print statements?
* Don't like the cumbersome PDB (Python debugger) console?
* Prefer using Vim for coding your Python programs?
VimPdb is the solution - allows debugging Python in an IDE-fashion, right within the Vim editor.
* Highlighting of currently debugged line and breakpoint lines.
* F5 - Run/continue running.
* F2 - Toggle breakpoint at current line
* Ctrl-F2 / Shift-F2 - Toggle conditional/temporary breakpoint.
* F7 / F8 - Step into/over
* F12 - Print stack trace
* F3 / Ctrl-F3 - Eval/Exec a given statement (in the current debugging context)
* Save/load breakpoints into session files.
* And many more... See readme.txt for details
Check out http://code.google.com/p/vimpdb/ for a screenshot.
* It's still considered Beta, so I'm not too sure about its stability or lack of bugs. However, I do appreciate if you could report bugs, suggest features or help out with the known issues (see "Known Issues" section in readme.txt). Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
* It's possible to easily implement the debugging capabilities for another editor (e.g. Emacs) - you could write a Python class of your own, which inherits from the PdbIDE class, and implements editor-specific functionalities (such as highlighting).
|Just drop vimpdb.py and vimpdb.vim into your Vim plugin directory, and you're all set to go.|
Click on the package to download.
ip used for rating: