A few notes about using the maillists:
- Before sending a message check the archive (see below),
search the Vim pages and the
your question may have been answered already.
- Do not send messages in HTML. You will be flamed! Every decent mail
program has an option to switch off HTML.
- Attachments are allowed, but keep the total message size below 50
Kbytes. Otherwise upload your file somewhere and send the URL to the
- The maillists are hosted by Google Groups. The @vim.org addresses are
aliases. For some things you need to use the original @googlegroups.com
- For subscribing and unsubscribing you can send an empty message to the
address mentioned in the table below. You will get a message back with
instructions how to confirm.
- Mention your full name, so that we know who we are talking with.
- Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Please do not use top-posting when replying to a message.
That is: type your reply below the text you are replying to and remove
irrelevant text from the original.
Please let us know of any Vim-related mailing lists that we've missed!
For help on using the Vim maillists go the to the "help" page, as mentioned in the table above.
You may wonder why the lists at Google Groups use an underscore, while the
lists @vim.org use a dash. This is for historical reasons. The lists were
first created on our own server, using dashes. When the server died we moved
them to Google Groups. Unfortunately, some of the names were not available
there. We used an underscore for all the lists, so that at least it is
Note that the aliases @vim.org support both a dash and an underscore, but if
you send something to @googlegroups.com you need to use an underscore.