Vim - the ubiquitous text editor
Vim is a highly configurable text editor built to make creating and
changing any kind of text very efficient.
It is included as "vi" with most UNIX systems and with Apple OS X.
Vim is rock stable and is continuously being developed to become even better.
Among its features are:
- persistent, multi-level undo tree
- extensive plugin system
- support for hundreds of programming languages and file formats
- powerful search and replace
- integrates with many tools
is the current version
Vim 8.0 released!
After more than ten years there is a major Vim release.
It gives you interesting new features, such as channels, JSON, Jobs, Timers, Partials, Lambdas, Closures, Packages and more.
Test coverage has been increased, many bugs were fixed, this is a rock stable version.
Read more about it in the announcement. (Bram Moolenaar)
Vim 8.0 is coming real soon now
A test version is available, hopefully the last one before 8.0.
This includes several fixes and an updated Ruby version in the MS-Windows build.
Please give it a try, last chance to report problems!
The relevant information can be found in the announcement (Bram Moolenaar)
Vimfest Berlin 16 – 18 September 2016
The Vim Berlin user group is organizing a gathering for Vim enthusiasts.
I'll be doing a talk on Saturday.
See the website: Vimfest (Bram Moolenaar)
Vim: The power tool for everyone!
See pictures of Bram's latest visit to Uganda on
Read the visit report on the ICCF website.
| Recent Script Updates
|| 5,333 scripts, 11,426,465 downloads
|| PatternsOnText : Advanced commands to apply regular expressions.
||(2.00) - Add :SubstituteChoices command.
- Add :SubstituteIf command.
- Add :SubstituteExecute command.
- ENH: Support recall of previous pairs / substitutions in :SubstituteWildcard / :SubstituteMultiple.
- FIX: Minor: With :SubstituteSelected, Cursor jumps to first line if no substitution at all ("nnnnn"). Initialize l:lastNum to current line. *** You need to update to ingo-library (vimscript #4433... - Ingo Karkat
|| ingo-library : Vimscript library of common functions.
||(1.027) - Add ingo#buffer#temp#ExecuteWithText() and ingo#buffer#temp#CallWithText() variants that pre-initialize the buffer (a common use case).
- Add ingo#msg#MsgFromShellError().
- ENH: ingo#query#fromlist#Query(): Support headless (testing) mode via g:IngoLibrary_QueryChoices, like ingo#query#Confirm() already does.
- Expose ingo#query#fromlist#RenderList(). Expose ingo#query#StripAccellerator().
... - Ingo Karkat
|| Vim SQL Workbench : Provides sql access from vim to any DBMS
||(6.1) This version will break the compatibility with VIM 7. So, before installing
this new version, please upgrade to VIM 8.
* fixed the tutorial in the documentation
* added support for neovim
* added events for the database explorer
* added the filter data option for the database explorer objects
* beffer hiding of the empty lines in resultsets with columns hidden
* dropped the su... - Cosmin Popescu
|| KRL-Syntax : Syntax and indent file for Kuka industial robots
||(1.3.5) * Bug fix where an open location window could cause Problems! Please don't use version 1.3.3 or 1.3.4 any more! - Patrick Knosowski
|| deleted : deleted
||(1.1) empty - Antony Scriven
|more recent |
most downloaded |
The tips are located on the
Vim Tips wiki.
This is a platform to exchange tips and tricks from and for Vim users.
| Vim Tips