is the current version
Article about installing gVim on Windows7
Pritesh Ugrankar has written an article that was published in the Open Source For You Magazine.
You can read it here (PDF).
Thanks to the publisher to allow us to re-publish the article. (Bram Moolenaar)
Vim 7.4 released!
Finally, after more than a thousand patches, there is a new version of Vim.
This is mostly a bug-fix release. Also, many runtime files have been improved, syntax highlighting and indenting works better.
To find out the details, do ":help version7.4" after installing it.
Direct link to the MS-Windows installer.
For Linux you probably want to use Mercurial for convenient building.
For MacVim look here.
Otherwise see the download page. (Bram Moolenaar)
Vim: The power tool for everyone!
Bram has visited the Vim charity project, read about it in his
Uganda visit report.
| Recent Script Updates
|| 4,913 scripts, 9,465,413 downloads
|| Syntastic : Automatic syntax checking
||(3.5.0) Core Changes:
* New option g:syntastic_sort_aggregated_errors (@lcd047)
* New syntax highlight groups SyntasticStyleError and SyntasticStyleWarning (@kovidgoyal)
* Lazy calls to the IsAvailable() functions (@lcd047)
* New option g:syntastic_cursor_columns (@lcd047)
* Various bugs have been fixed.
Syntax checker changes:
* Added lint checker for R (@lcd047)
* Added svtools chec... - Marty Grenfell
|| Command-T : Fast file navigation for VIM
||(1.11.2) - fix error while using Command-T outside of an SCM repo (bug present since
- Wincent Colaiuta
|| Vim-EPUB : Plugin for EPUB ebooks' edition
||(0.3) Add DiffEPUB, DiffLastEPUB, MergeFiles commands.
Add two configuration variables. - Etienne Nadji
|| scd.vim : smart change of directory in Vim
||(1.2) * reorder files for standard plugin installation and for pathogen support.
* add end-of-path matching with $.
* Add option -A,--all for all matches.
* Compress index duplicates to an equivalent timestamp.
* Simplify directory matching.
- Pavol Juhas
|| tex-fold : Easy TeX folding
||(1.3) * Add g:tex_fold_additional_envs. Thanks @fwang2. - Matthias Vogelgesang
|more recent |
most downloaded |
The tips are located on the
Vim Tips wiki.
This is a platform to exchange tips and tricks from and for Vim users.
| Vim Tips
A list of patches available for Vim can be found on the
vim_dev maillist pages.
These add new or improved features, at the cost of having to rebuild Vim.
| Vim Patches