Vim - the ubiquitous text editor
Vim is a highly configurable text editor built to make creating and
changing any kind of text very efficient.
It is included as "vi" with most UNIX systems and with Apple OS X.
Vim is rock stable and is continuously being developed to become even better.
Among its features are:
- persistent, multi-level undo tree
- extensive plugin system
- support for hundreds of programming languages and file formats
- powerful search and replace
- integrates with many tools
is the current version
Vimfest 2017 in Berlin
Vimfest is happening again! 22 to 24 September in Berlin. Find more information on the website. (Bram Moolenaar)
Vim website now on https
Since the Vim website hosts scripts, security is relevant. SourceForge now supports using https, but only on sourceforge.io.
That is why you now get redirected from vim.org to vim.sourceforge.io.
Let me know if something does not work. (Bram Moolenaar)
Vim voted #1 text editor on diffur
It's no surprise to Vim users, but always nice to see how Vim compares to other editors. You can view the list on diffur.com. (Bram Moolenaar)
Vim: The power tool for everyone!
See pictures of Bram's latest visit to Uganda on
Read the visit report on the ICCF website.
| Recent Script Updates
|| 5,505 scripts, 12,261,377 downloads
|| twiggy : Git branch management
||(0.3) Initial upload - Andrew Haust
|| Google Flights : google
||(1) Initial upload - google flights
|| vim-airline : lean & mean statusline that's light as air
||(0.9) - Changes
- Look of default Airline Symbols has been improved [#1397](https://github.com/vim-airline/vim-airline/issues/1397)
- Airline does now set `laststatus=2` if needed
- Syntastic extension now displays warnings and errors separately
- Updates on Resize and SessionLoad events
- Add `maxlinenr` symbol to `airline_section_z`
- Add quickfix title to inactive windows
- Improve... - Bailey Ling
|| autodoc.vim : Autodoc syntax colouring
||(1.0) Initial upload - Stephen R. van den Berg
|| pike.vim : New and improved Pike syntax colouring
||(2.1) Initial upload - Stephen R. van den Berg
|more recent |
most downloaded |
The tips are located on the
Vim Tips wiki.
This is a platform to exchange tips and tricks from and for Vim users.
| Vim Tips