Vim - the ubiquitous text editor
Vim is a highly configurable text editor built to make creating and
changing any kind of text very efficient.
It is included as "vi" with most UNIX systems and with Apple OS X.
Vim is rock stable and is continuously being developed to become even better.
Among its features are:
- persistent, multi-level undo tree
- extensive plugin system
- support for hundreds of programming languages and file formats
- powerful search and replace
- integrates with many tools
is the current version
Vimfest 2017 in Berlin
Vimfest is happening again! 22 to 24 September in Berlin. Find more information on the website. (Bram Moolenaar)
Vim website now on https
Since the Vim website hosts scripts, security is relevant. SourceForge now supports using https, but only on sourceforge.io.
That is why you now get redirected from vim.org to vim.sourceforge.io.
Let me know if something does not work. (Bram Moolenaar)
Vim voted #1 text editor on diffur
It's no surprise to Vim users, but always nice to see how Vim compares to other editors. You can view the list on diffur.com. (Bram Moolenaar)
Vim: The power tool for everyone!
See pictures of Bram's latest visit to Uganda on
Read the visit report on the ICCF website.
| Recent Script Updates
|| 5,523 scripts, 12,318,680 downloads
|| streamline.vim : Essential wares, to get there
||(1.2) o Add configs for navigation maps -- globals
o Make functions auto-loading
o Small documentation updates - Charles Sheridan
|| ALE - Asynchronous Lint Engine : Lint while you type in Vim
||(1.7.1) ## Bugs Fixed
* `rustfmt` will now apply project settings correctly by using stdin and stdout instead. #1254
* The extra arguments are now passed to `clang-check` correctly. #1255
* ALE now supports running commands on Windows when the shell is PowerShell. #1298
* Rust errors will now use the correct column numbers instead of byte offsets. #1322
* `isort` configuration files will now be ... - w0rp
|| HyperList : Everything. Concise and precise. Outliner, organizer, brainstormer, project mgmt
||(2.3.11) Added TPP conversion (info on TPP: https://github.com/cbbrowne/tpp). Pressing <leader>T now converts the HyperList into a basic TPP presentation. - Geir Isene
|| sh.vim : Indenting for Shell script
||(4.68) bug fix - Clavelito Cla
|| txtmux.vim : ( tabwins x textwins ) multiplexer
||(1.0) Initial upload - Charles Sheridan
|more recent |
most downloaded |
The tips are located on the
Vim Tips wiki.
This is a platform to exchange tips and tricks from and for Vim users.
| Vim Tips