Vim - the ubiquitous text editor
Vim is a highly configurable text editor built to make creating and
changing any kind of text very efficient.
It is included as "vi" with most UNIX systems and with Apple OS X.
Vim is rock stable and is continuously being developed to become even better.
Among its features are:
- persistent, multi-level undo tree
- extensive plugin system
- support for hundreds of programming languages and file formats
- powerful search and replace
- integrates with many tools
is the current version
Vimfest 2017 in Berlin
Vimfest is happening again! 22 to 24 September in Berlin. Find more information on the website. (Bram Moolenaar)
Vim website now on https
Since the Vim website hosts scripts, security is relevant. SourceForge now supports using https, but only on sourceforge.io.
That is why you now get redirected from vim.org to vim.sourceforge.io.
Let me know if something does not work. (Bram Moolenaar)
Vim voted #1 text editor on diffur
It's no surprise to Vim users, but always nice to see how Vim compares to other editors. You can view the list on diffur.com. (Bram Moolenaar)
Vim: The power tool for everyone!
See pictures of Bram's latest visit to Uganda on
Read the visit report on the ICCF website.
| Recent Script Updates
|| 5,486 scripts, 12,185,975 downloads
|| SearchAsQuickJump : Quick search without affecting 'hlsearch', search pattern and history.
||(1.00) Initial upload - Ingo Karkat
|| SearchSpecial : Generic functions for special search modes.
||(1.10) - ENH: Allow to configure the echoing of successful matches via a:options.EchoFunction.
- ENH: Allow to configure the error messages when there are no matches via a:options.ErrorFunction.
- ENH: Allow to return more search information via a:options.isReturnMoreInfo.
- ENH: Allow to run commands before and after the first search via a:options.BeforeFirstSearchAction and a:options.AfterFirstSearc... - Ingo Karkat
|| spotdiff.vim : A range selectable diffthis to compare partially
||(2.0) Enhanced to indicate the selected lines with a '-' in the fold column. - Rick Howe
|| dbext.vim : Provides database access to many DBMS (Oracle, Sybase, Microsoft, MySQL, DBI,..)
||(26.00) New Features
- New option g:dbext_default_job_show_msgs to control whether information messages are displayed when starting and stop jobs. Regular status messages continue to display.
- New option g:dbext_default_job_pipe_regex to control how to identify and strip piped in files and specify it separately via job options.
- Renamed option g:dbext_default_use_jobs to g:dbext_defaul... - Peter Bagyinszki
|| emacscommandline : makes command-line mode behave more like the Unix command line
||(1.3) Added mappings for following —
• go to first / last line in history (Meta-< and Meta->)
• transpose character under cursor with previous character (Ctrl-T) - Houtsnip -
|more recent |
most downloaded |
The tips are located on the
Vim Tips wiki.
This is a platform to exchange tips and tricks from and for Vim users.
| Vim Tips