Vim - the ubiquitous text editor
Vim is a highly configurable text editor built to make creating and
changing any kind of text very efficient.
It is included as "vi" with most UNIX systems and with Apple OS X.
Vim is rock stable and is continuously being developed to become even better.
Among its features are:
- persistent, multi-level undo tree
- extensive plugin system
- support for hundreds of programming languages and file formats
- powerful search and replace
- integrates with many tools
is the current version
Vim 8.2 is released
More than a year after 8.1 and 2424 patches: Here is 8.2!
You can read the announcement on this page.
Main new feature is support for Popup windows.
To show it off a silly game was created.
Happy Vimming! (Bram Moolenaar)
VimConf 2019 Videos and Photos available
VimConf 2019 was held successfully in Tokyo. Big thanks to the organizers!
Videos can now be found on Youtube.
Photos can be found on the VimConf website
VimConf 2019 tickets now available
Last year's VimConf was a great success. You can find links to the slides and videos on the website.
VimConf 2019 is taking place on November 3rd in Tokyo.
It looks like tickets are still available here. (Bram Moolenaar)
Vim: The power tool for everyone!
See pictures of Bram's latest visit to Uganda on
Read the visit report on the ICCF website.
| Recent Script Updates
|| 5,739 scripts, 15,484,287 downloads
|| spaceline.vim : emacs spaceline port on vim
||(0.0.1) Initial upload - rapheal huan
|| Nvim-R : Plugin to work with R
||(0.9.14) * New command \su (send all lines above the current one).
* New command \m (send lines from motion command).
* New option: R_disable_cmds.
* New option: R_after_ob_open.
* R_after_start is a list now.
* Recommend Visidata and delete option R_csv_warn.
* Delete command triggered by `<LocalLeader>tp`.
* Delete options R_args_in_stline, R_sttline_fmt, R_show_args, R_complete and Rtools... - Jakson Aquino
|| ephemeris : init
||(v0.7) - filter to archive
- tests - bob Walker
|| vim-venter : Vim plugin to vertically center the current window(s)
||(0.1.0) Initial upload - Jack McKiernan
|| markdown-drawer : Simplify navigation in large markdown files.
||(0.4) bugfix - Kevin O'Neal
|more recent |
most downloaded |
The tips are located on the
Vim Tips wiki.
This is a platform to exchange tips and tricks from and for Vim users.
| Vim Tips