Vim - the ubiquitous text editor
Vim is a highly configurable text editor built to make creating and
changing any kind of text very efficient.
It is included as "vi" with most UNIX systems and with Apple OS X.
Vim is rock stable and is continuously being developed to become even better.
Among its features are:
- persistent, multi-level undo tree
- extensive plugin system
- support for hundreds of programming languages and file formats
- powerful search and replace
- integrates with many tools
is the current version
Of course there is also Vim total landscaping.
It will last for four seasons! Sorry, no fire extinguisher. (Bram Moolenaar)
29 years ago the very first version of Vim was built and distributed.
And Vim is more popular than ever before! So, what's going on these days?
Read it in this message. (Bram Moolenaar)
VimConf 2020 online
Since the normal VimConf was cancelled because of the pandemic, others organised an online version.
This happened in the weekend of September 5.
You can now find most of the talks on YouTube.
See the conference website.
Note that each speaker had its own way of recording, the quality is mixed. (Bram Moolenaar)
Vim: The power tool for everyone!
See pictures of Bram's latest visit to Uganda on
Read the visit report on the ICCF website.
| Recent Script Updates
|| 5,803 scripts, 16,329,893 downloads
|| enwise : Press `enter` to close unbalanced brackets in cursorline.
||(v0.3.0) Fixed a issue that prevent enwise to work correctly on Linux and Macos. - Aaron Taner
|| vim-highlighter : An easy words highlighter
||(1.0) Initial upload - Azabiong Choi
|| abbott.vim : A warm, dark color scheme for prose and code, with pastels and pretty greens
||(v2.1) * **Added chocolate and dark olive colors on top of core 16-color palette.**
* Adjusted brown shades to reduce excessive contrast.
* Fixed an incorrect ANSI color assignment.
* Tweaked a few color assignments for greater clarity and fewer distractions.
* Improved highlighting of diff files.
* Switched visual selection from dark-on-light to light-on-dark colors. - Jonathan Rascher
|| clever-f.vim : Extended f/F/t/T mappings for more convenience.
||(1.7) - Add new feature 'highlight timeout' which removes highlights after specified timeout automatically
- Do not repeat the previous character while f mapping is used while macro
- Small refactorings/improvements - Linda Rhysd
|| vim-office : read common binary files, such as PDFs or those for Libre or Microsoft Office
||(1.2) add open document and other file formats; fix bugs - Enno Nagel
|more recent |
most downloaded |
The tips are located on the
Vim Tips wiki.
This is a platform to exchange tips and tricks from and for Vim users.
| Vim Tips