| script karma
Downloaded by 4794
Comments, bugs, improvements
script versions (upload new version)
|This project is no longer actively maintained. As alternatives I recommend Syntastic (http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=2736), jshint.vim (https://github.com/wookiehangover/jshint.vim), or a more active fork of jslint.vim (https://github.com/FuDesign2008/jslint.vim).
Vim plugin and command line tool for running JSLint (http://jslint.com/).
The source code for jslint.vim is hosted at (http://github.com/hallettj/jslint.vim).
lines with errors.
It also will display more information about the error in the commandline if the curser is
in the same line.
- You also can call it manually via `:JSLintUpdate`
- (optional) Add any valid JSLint options to `~/.jslintrc` file, they will be
/*jslint browser: true, regexp: true */
/*global jQuery, $ */
run the `bin/jslint` executable in a terminal. For example:
$ bin/jslint ftplugin/jslint/fulljslint.js
You can copy `bin/jslint` into for `PATH` for easier access. The executable
requires that the Vim plugin is installed and also requires Ruby.
To disable error highlighting altogether add this line to your `~/.vimrc` file:
let g:JSLintHighlightErrorLine = 0
Syntastic (http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=2736) supports syntax checking for a number of languages,
jsl.vim (http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=2630) uses Vim's compiler infrastructure making its use consistent with syntax checkers for other languages.
- Jesse Hallett -- original author
- Nathan Smith -- Windows compatibility, quickfix integration, better OS X
compatibility, support for node.js, and other improvements
- Travis Jeffery -- Easy plugin installation with rake
- Sam Goldstein -- Display of problem report for the current line and bug fixes
- Bryan Chow -- Fixes for formatting issues and typos
- Jeff Buttars -- Options to remove and to disable error highlighting
- Rainux Luo -- Support for reading JSLint options from a `~/.jslintrc` file
- Pascal Hartig -- Support for running jslint with rhino and other updates
- Martin Schürrer -- Fixing path issues and error handling
- Nik Graf -- Documentation updates
- Ian McCracken -- Real-time error checking
- Luke Smith -- Enhancement of OS X support
setting JS_CMD environment variable
- Szilágyi Szilveszter -- Fixes for bugs when running in Windows
Copyright (c) 2008-2010 Jesse Hallett <email@example.com>, except where
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of
this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in
the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to
use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies
of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do
so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all
copies or substantial portions of the Software.
The Software shall be used for Good, not Evil.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY,
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE
AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER
LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM,
OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE
supports Spidermonkey, Rhino, and node.js. Spidermonkey or node.js are
recommended because Rhino tends to have a long startup time.
In Ubuntu you can install the Spidermonkey shell with this command:
$ sudo apt-get install spidermonkey-bin
Latest Ubuntu versions don't have spidermonkey in the default repositories.
You can use rhino instead:
$ sudo apt-get install rhino
Or you can find instructions for installing node.js on the node.js website (http://nodejs.org/).
On Windows you can use `cscript.exe` - which is probably already installed.
is included with OS X by default.
- If you have rake installed, run:
$ rake install
Otherwise copy the directory ftplugin/ into your Vim ftplugin directory.
Usually this is `~/.vim/ftplugin/`. On Windows it is `~/vimfiles/ftplugin/`.
Click on the package to download.
ip used for rating: 184.108.40.206
||- Updated jslint to version 2010-08-08.
- Now checks for errors on leaving insert mode, cursor hold, and buffer save.
Windows Script Host, and that interpreter that is installed by default in Mac
setting a value for the JS_CMD environment variable.
- Fixes bugs when running in Windows.