TxtBrowser : Browse .txt and .rst files easily(show the title tag and syntax highlight)
| script karma
Downloaded by 7357
Comments, bugs, improvements
script versions (upload new version)
|The "TxtBrowser" plugin works along with taglist(vimscript #273: taglist.vim),
It generate the document outline automatically for .txt and .rst files. Meanwhile it highlight the .txt and .rst files for you:
1) Use ":Tlist" command to open the outline of a .txt/.rst file in the taglist
2) Use ":TlistUpdate" to update the outline after modification.
3) Syntax highlight: highlight the key element in your plain text. This include
the title, URLs, keywords you defined(default is TODO, ERROR, etc), Words in
bracket, etc. Syntax hightlight would be auto loaded after install. Snapshot of
feature 1 and 2 are available at:
4) Browser Utilities(use ":help txtbrowser" for details):
<Leader>s: Search text under cursor(or selected) through search engine(google).
<Leader>f: Find text under cursor(or selected) through web dictionary(www.dict.cn).
<Leader>g: Goto the URL under cursor(or selected).
|1) Please make sure universal-ctags(https://github.com/universal-ctags/ctags) has been installed(Exuberant Ctags doesn't work for .rst files).
2) Please make sure taglist(vimscript #273: taglist.vim) has been installed.
3) Download the txtbrowser file and uncompress the files to your .vim directory:
$ tar xvf txtbrowser-1.3.6.tar.bz2 -C ~/
4) open the .vim/doc/txtbrowser.txt Install the helptags using ":helptags ."
5) Add the following line into your .vimrc file and restart your vim.
syntax on "syntax highlighting on
filetype plugin on
au BufRead,BufNewFile *.txt setlocal ft=txt
au BufRead,BufNewFile *.rst setlocal ft=rst
au BufRead,BufNewFile *.gdb setlocal ft=gdb
Click on the package to download.
ip used for rating: 188.8.131.52
||1) Support .rst file.
2) Support .gdb file.
||1) Since tatlist window could show titles like "digit+space+char", Highlight them;
2) The default dictionary is changed from "www.google.cn/dictionary" to "www.google.com/dictionary".
3) Using maparg() insteading of mapcheck() to check whether the map exist.
4) Add some new features such as "Make the text Bold/Italic/Red/Green/Blue". It is informational and will function in most cases, but still have many problems.
5) support url such as "https://";
6) Allow user to open the url with user defined browser, and the screen will update immediately;
||1. Add all the function to the right click menu. Shall I disable the right click menu by default? I need advice.
2. Fix somes bugs. Thanks to Hong Xu for warm help.
||Use the "#" to search backward insteading of "?", it's default in vim. Thanks to Hong Xu again for warm advice.
||1) Highlight the braces, quotes and square brackets along with the syntax matchs.
2) Only highlight the syntax "txtList" itself, not including the spaces ahead of it.
3) Add New features: ?: Search backward for the word under cursor(or selected).
Thanks to Pengo and Hong Xu for warm advice.
||Add new features:
<Leader>h: Highlight the word under cursor(or selected);
*: Search forward for the word under cursor(or selected).
||Equal to 1.2.9, Compared to version 1.2, there are changes as following:
1)Infrastructure improvement for easy install. Users only need to unzip the file to you $HOME or vimfiles directory.
2)Bug fix: fix many bugs in encodings, Now Chinese in almost every circumstance could be show normally.
3)Bug fix: syntax highligh parse error between two "'s".
4)Other bug fix and feature improvement.
||This version(1.2) equals to version 1.1.8. Minor version upgrade to wait for
new feature added. compared to 1.1, there are changes:
1)Plugin name changed from "txt.zip" to "TxtBrowser"
2)Add utilities to browser url in vim.
3)bug fix for Chinese title couldn't listed(":help txt-faqs" 6.2 for details)
||Same as release 1.0.6(minor change.) Version upgrate to 1.1.x for new features release. Changes since version 1.0:
1) Delete some personal configuration in txt.vim.
2) Add the help document in both English and Chinese.