Click on the package to download.
||- Fix a RangeError on 64-bit Windows (#304, patch from Adrian Keet).
- Fix issue switching back to previously opened file in another tab (#306).
- Fix inability to open some help targets with |:CommandTHelp| (#307).
- Similar to #307, make |:CommandTCommand| work with commands containing
- Again similar to #307, prevent special characters in tags from being escaped
when using |:CommandTTag|.
||- Fixed inability to open a top-level file with a name matching a previously
opened file (#295).
- Fixed a related issue where previously opened file would cause a file to be
opened directly rather than in the desired split/tab (#298).
- Tweaked <c-w> mapping behavior to better match what other readline-ish
implementations do, especially with respect to moving past punctuation
||- Command-T now uses |:map-<nowait>|, when available, when setting up mappings.
- 'wildignore' filtering is now always performed by producing an equivalent
regular expression and applying that; previously this only happened with
the "watchman" file scanner (includes a bug fix from Henric Trotzig).
- Fixed mis-memoization of |:CommandTHelp| and |:CommandTJump| finders
(whichever one you used first would be used for both).
- Added mapping (<C-d>) to delete a buffer from the buffer list (patch from
- Added |g:CommandTGitIncludeUntracked| option (patch from Steven Stallion).
- Added |:CommandTOpen|, which implements smart "goto or open" functionality,
and adjust |g:CommandTAcceptSelectionCommand|,
|g:CommandTAcceptSelectionVSplitCommand| to use it by default. Their default
values have been changed from "e", "tabe", "sp" and "vs" to "CommandTOpen
e", "CommandTOpen tabe", "CommandTOpen sp" and "CommandTOpen vs",
respectively. Use with |'switchbuf'| set to "usetab" for maximum effect.
- Added |g:CommandTWindowFilter| for customizing the filtering expression that
is used to determine which windows Command-T should not open selected
||- A non-leading dot in the search query can now match against dot-files and
"dot-directories" in non-leading path components.
- Matching algorithm sped up by about 17x (with help from Hanson Wang).
- |g:CommandTInputDebounce| now defaults to 0, as the recent optimizations
make debouncing largely unnecessary.
- Added |:CommandTHelp| for jumping to locations in the help, and an
accompanying mapping, |<Plug>(CommandTHelp)|.
- Added |:CommandTLine| for jumping to lines within the current buffer, and a
corresponding mapping, |<Plug>(CommandTLine)|.
- Added |:CommandTHistory| for jumping to previously entered commands, and a
corresponding mapping, |<Plug>(CommandTHistory)|.
- Added |:CommandTSearch| for jumping to previously entered searches, and a
corresponding mapping, |<Plug>(CommandTSearch)|.
- Added |:CommandTCommand| for finding commands, and a corresponding mapping,
- Added |<Plug>(CommandTMRU)| and |<Plug>(CommandTTag)| mappings.
- The "ruby" and "find" scanners now show numerical progress in the prompt
area during their scans.
- Removed functionality that was previously deprecated in 2.0.
- Fix inability to type "^" and "|" at the prompt.
- Make it possible to completely disable |'wildignore'|-based filtering by
setting |g:CommandTWildIgnore| to an empty string.
- The "watchman" file scanner now respects |'wildignore'| and
|g:CommandTWildIgnore| by construcing an equivalent regular expression and
using that for filtering.
- Show a warning when hitting |g:CommandTMaxFiles|, and add a corresponding
|g:CommandTSuppressMaxFilesWarning| setting to suppress the warning.
||- Minimize flicker on opening and closing the match listing in MacVim.
- Add |CommandTWillShowMatchListing| and |CommandTDidHideMatchListing| "User"
||- restore compatiblity with Ruby 1.8.7.
||- change |g:CommandTIgnoreSpaces| default value to 1.
- change |g:CommandTMatchWindowReverse| default value to 1.
- change |g:CommandTMaxHeight| default value to 15.
- try harder to avoid scrolling other buffer when showing or hiding the match
||- add |:CommandTIgnoreSpaces| option (patch from KJ Tsanaktsidis)
- make Command-T resilient to people deleting its hidden, unlisted buffer
- the match listing buffer now has filetype "command-t", which may be useful
- Command-T now sets the name of the match listing buffer according to how it
was invoked (ie. for the file finder, the name is "Command-T [Files]", for
the buffer finder, the name is "Command-T [Buffers]", and so on);
previously the name was a fixed as "GoToFile" regardless of the active
- Many internal function names have changed, so if you or your plug-ins are
calling those internals they will need to be updated:
- `commandt#CommandTFlush()` is now `commandt#Flush()`
- `commandt#CommandTLoad()` is now `commandt#Load()`
- `commandt#CommandTShowBufferFinder()` is now `commandt#BufferFinder()`
- `commandt#CommandTShowFileFinder()` is now `commandt#FileFinder()`
- `commandt#CommandTShowJumpFinder()` is now `commandt#JumpFinder()`
- `commandt#CommandTShowMRUFinder()` is now `commandt#MRUFinder()`
- `commandt#CommandTShowTagFinder()` is now `commandt#TagFinder()`
- A number of functions have been turned into "private" autoloaded functions,
to make it clear that they are intended only for internal use:
- `CommandTAcceptSelection()` is now `commandt#private#AcceptSelection()`
- `CommandTAcceptSelectionSplit()` is now `commandt#private#AcceptSelectionSplit()`
- `CommandTAcceptSelectionTab()` is now `commandt#private#AcceptSelectionTab()`
- `CommandTAcceptSelectionVSplit()` is now `commandt#private#AcceptSelectionVSplit()`
- `CommandTBackspace()` is now `commandt#private#Backspace()`
- `CommandTCancel()` is now `commandt#private#Cancel()`
- `CommandTClear()` is now `commandt#private#Clear()`
- `CommandTClearPrevWord()` is now `commandt#private#ClearPrevWord()`
- `CommandTCursorEnd()` is now `commandt#private#CursorEnd()`
- `CommandTCursorLeft()` is now `commandt#private#CursorLeft()`
- `CommandTCursorRight()` is now `commandt#private#CursorRight()`
- `CommandTCursorStart()` is now `commandt#private#CursorStart()`
- `CommandTDelete()` is now `commandt#private#Delete()`
- `CommandTHandleKey()` is now `commandt#private#HandleKey()`
- `CommandTListMatches()` is now `commandt#private#ListMatches()`
- `CommandTQuickfix()` is now `commandt#private#Quickfix()`
- `CommandTRefresh()` is now `commandt#private#Refresh()`
- `CommandTSelectNext()` is now `commandt#private#SelectNext()`
- `CommandTSelectPrev()` is now `commandt#private#SelectPrev()`
- `CommandTToggleFocus()` is now `commandt#private#ToggleFocus()`
- add |g:CommandTRecursiveMatch| option
- stop distribution as a vimball in favor of a zip archive
- don't clobber |alternate-file| name when opening Command-T match listing
(patch from Jerome Castaneda)
- add |g:CommandTCursorColor| option
- expose mappings for |:CommandT| and |:CommandTBuffer| using `<Plug>`
mappings |<Plug>(CommandT)| and |<Plug>(CommandT)|
- add `<Leader>j` mapping to |:CommandTJump|, via |<Plug>(CommandTJump)|
(defined only if no pre-existing mapping exists)
||- avoid "W10: Warning: Changing a readonly file" when starting Vim in
read-only mode (ie. as `view` or with the `-R` option)
- fix infinite loop on |<Tab>| (regression introduced in 1.12)
||- add |:CommandTLoad| command
- fix rare failure to restore cursor color after closing Command-T (patch from
- doc fixes and updates (patches from Daniel Hahler and Nicholas T.)
- make it possible to force reloading of the plug-in (patch from Daniel
- add |g:CommandTEncoding| option, to work around rare encoding compatibility
- fix error restoring cursor highlights involving some configurations (patch
from Daniel Hahler)
- skip set-up of |<Esc>| key mapping on rxvt terminals (patch from Daniel
- add |g:CommandTGitScanSubmodules| option, which can be used to recursively
scan submodules when the "git" file scanner is used (patch from Ben Boeckel)
- fix for not falling back to "find"-based scanner when a Watchman-related
||- fix infinite loop on Windows when |g:CommandTTraverseSCM| is set to a value
other than "pwd" (bug present since 1.11)
- handle unwanted split edgecase when |'hidden'| is set, the current buffer is
modified, and it is visible in more than one window
||- ignore impromperly encoded filenames (patch from Sherzod Gapirov)
- fix failure to update path when using |:cd| in conjunction with
|g:CommandTTraverseSCM| set to "pwd" (bug present since 1.11.2)
||- fix error while using Command-T outside of an SCM repo (bug present since
||- compatibility fixes with Ruby 1.8.6 (patch from Emily Strickland)
- compatibility fixes with Ruby 1.8.5
- fix 'wildignore' being ignored (bug present since 1.11)
- fix current working directory being ignored when |g:CommandTTraverseSCM| is
set to "pwd" (bug present since 1.11)
- performance improvements
||- improve edge-case handling in match results window code (patches from
- add "git" file scanner (patch from Patrick Hayes)
- speed-up when 'wildignore' is unset (patch from Patrick Hayes)
- add |g:CommandTTraverseSCM| setting which anchors Command-T's file finder to
the nearest SCM directory (based on patches from David Szotten and Ben
- add AppStream metadata (patch from Vít Ondruch)
||- improve tag finder performance by caching tag lists (patch from Artem
- consider the |'autowriteall'| option when deciding whether to open a file in
- make selection acceptance commands configurable (patch from Ole Petter Bang)
- add <C-w> mapping to delete previous word of the match prompt (patch from
- try harder to always clear status line after closing the match listing
(patch from Ton van den Heuvel)
- don't allow MRU autocommands to produce errors when the extension has not
- add |g:CommandTIgnoreCase| and |g:CommandTSmartCase| options, providing
support for case-sensitive matching (based on patch from Jacek Wysocki)
||- include the file in the release vimball archive that was missing from the
||- improved startup time using Vim's autload mechanism (patch from Ross
- added MRU (most-recently-used) buffer finder (patch from Ton van den Heuvel)
- fixed edge case in matching algorithm which could cause spurious matches
with queries containing repeated characters
- fixed slight positive bias in the match scoring algorithm's weighting of
matching characters based on distance from last match
- tune memoization in match scoring algorithm, yield a more than 10% speed
||- taught Watchman file scanner to use the binary protocol instead of JSON,
roughly doubling its speed
- build changes to accommodate MinGW (patch from Roland Puntaier)
||- added |g:CommandTInputDebounce|, which can be used to improve responsiveness
in large file hierarchies (based on patch from Yiding Jia)
- added a potentially faster file scanner which uses the `find` executable
(based on patch from Yiding Jia)
- added a file scanner that knows how to talk to Watchman
- added |g:CommandTFileScanner|, which can be used to switch file scanners
- fix processor count detection on some platforms (patch from Pavel Sergeev)
||- defer processor count detection until runtime (makes it possible to sensibly
build Command-T on one machine and use it on another)
||- on systems with POSIX threads (such as OS X and Linux), Command-T will use
threads to compute match results in parallel, resulting in a large speed
boost that is especially noticeable when navigating large projects
||- exclude large benchmark fixture file from source exports (patch from Vít
||- don't scan "pathological" filesystem structures (ie. circular or
self-referential symlinks; patch from Marcus Brito)
- gracefully handle files starting with "+" (patch from Ivan Ukhov)
- switch default selection highlight color for better readability (suggestion
from André Arko), but make it possible to configure via the
- added a mapping to take the current matches and put then in the quickfix
- performance improvements, particularly noticeable with large file
- added |g:CommandTWildIgnore| setting (patch from Paul Jolly)
||- added |:CommandTTag| command (patches from Noon Silk)
- turn off |'colorcolumn'| and |'relativenumber'| in the match window (patch
from Jeff Kreeftmeijer)
- documentation update (patch from Nicholas Alpi)
- added |:CommandTMinHeight| option (patch from Nate Kane)
- highlight (by underlining) matched characters in the match listing (requires
Vim to have been compiled with the +conceal feature, which is available in
Vim 7.3 or later; patch from Steven Moazami)
- added the ability to flush the cache while the match window is open using
||- fix jumplist navigation under Ruby 1.9.x (patch from Woody Peterson)
||- added the option to maintain multiple caches when changing among
directories; see the accompanying |g:CommandTMaxCachedDirectories| setting
- added the ability to navigate using the Vim jumplist (patch from Marian
||- Remove duplicate copy of the documentation that was causing "Duplicate tag"
- Mitigate issue with distracting blinking cursor in non-GUI versions of Vim
(patch from Steven Moazami)
||- added |g:CommandTMatchWindowReverse| option, to reverse the order of items
in the match listing (patch from Steven Moazami)
||- fix a glitch in the release process; the plugin itself is unchanged since 1.1b
||- add |:CommandTBuffer| command for quickly selecting among open buffers
||- work around bug when mapping |:CommandTFlush|, wherein the default mapping
for |:CommandT| would not be set up
- clean up when leaving the Command-T buffer via unexpected means (such as
with <C-W k> or similar)
||- make relative path simplification work on Windows
||- work around platform-specific Vim 7.3 bug seen by some users (wherein
Vim always falsely reports to Ruby that the buffer numbers is 0)
- re-use the buffer that is used to show the match listing, rather than
throwing it away and recreating it each time Command-T is shown; this
stops the buffer numbers from creeping up needlessly
||- fix mapping issues for users who have set |'notimeout'| (patch from Sung Pae)
||- overrides for the default mappings can now be lists of strings, allowing multiple mappings to be defined for any given action
- <Leader>t mapping only set up if no other map for |:CommandT| exists (patch from Scott Bronson)
- prevent folds from appearing in the match listing
- tweaks to avoid the likelihood of "Not enough room" errors when trying to open files
- watch out for "nil" windows when restoring window dimensions
- optimizations (avoid some repeated downcasing)
- move all Ruby files under the "command-t" subdirectory and avoid polluting the "Vim" module namespace
||- large overhaul if the scoring algorithm to make the ordering of returned results more intuitive; given the scope of the changes and room for optimization of the new algorithm, this release is labelled as "beta"
||- handle more |'wildignore'| patterns by delegating to VIM's own |expand()| function; with this change it is now viable to exclude patterns such as 'vendor/rails/**' in addition to filename-only patterns like '*.o' and '.git' (patch from Mike Lundy)
- always sort results alphabetically for empty search strings; this eliminates filesystem-specific variations (patch from Mike Lundy)
||- |:CommandT| now accepts an optional parameter to specify the starting directory, temporarily overriding the usual default of VIM's |:pwd|
- fix truncated paths when operating from root directory
||- fix for Ruby 1.9 compatibility regression introduced in 0.5
- documentation enhancements, specifically targetted at Windows users
||- |:CommandTFlush| now re-evaluates settings, allowing changes made via |:let| to be picked up without having to restart VIM
- fix premature abort when scanning very deep directory hierarchies
- remove broken |<Esc>| key mapping on vt100 and xterm terminals
- provide settings for overriding default mappings
- minor performance optimization
||- add |g:CommandTMatchWindowAtTop| setting (patch from Zak Johnson)
- documentation fixes and enhancements
- internal refactoring and simplification
||- add |g:CommandTMaxHeight| setting for controlling the maximum height of the match window (patch from Lucas de Vries)
- fix bug where |'list'| setting might be inappropriately set after dismissing Command-T
- compatibility fix for different behaviour of "autoload" under Ruby 1.9.1
- avoid "highlight group not found" warning when run under a version of VIM that does not have syntax highlighting support
- open in split when opening normally would fail due to |'hidden'| and |'modified'| values
||- compatibility fixes for compilation under Ruby 1.9 series
- compatibility fixes for compilation under Ruby 1.8.5
- compatibility fixes for Windows and other non-UNIX platforms
- suppress "mapping already exists" message if <Leader>t mapping is already defined when plug-in is loaded
- exclude paths based on |'wildignore'| setting rather than a hardcoded regular expression