eunuch.vim : Helpers for UNIX
| script karma
Downloaded by 1020
Comments, bugs, improvements
script versions (upload new version)
|Vim sugar for the UNIX shell commands that need it the most. Commands include:
* :Unlink: Delete a buffer and the file on disk simultaneously.
* :Remove: Like :Unlink, but doesn't require a neckbeard.
* :Move: Rename a buffer and the file on disk simultaneously.
* :Chmod: Change the permissions of the current file.
* :Find: Run `find` and load the results into the quickfix list.
* :Locate: Run `locate` and load the results into the quickfix list.
* :SudoWrite: Write a privileged file with sudo.
* :Wall: Write every open window. Handy for kicking off test autorunners.
|Extract in ~/.vim (~\vimfiles on Windows).|
Click on the package to download.
ip used for rating: 22.214.171.124
||Don't delete buffer after :Unlink/:Remove.
Introduce :Delete to delete both file and buffer.
Replace :Find and :Locate with :Cfind/:Lfind and :Clocate/:Llocate.
Pre-populate new /etc/init.d scripts from /etc/init.d/skeleton.
Use setfperm() rather than :!chmod for simple cases.
Use sudo -A to prompt for password in GUI.
Re-detect filetype after :Move/:Rename.
Support virtual buffers, such as from Fugitive.
Automatic mkdir in :Move and :Rename.
Make :Rename relative to containing directory.
Fix :Chmod error.
Rename :W to :Wall.
Skip unwritable buffers in :Wall.
Show password prompt for sudo in GUI.
Better filetype detection for files edited with with sudoedit.
Support old Vim without fnameescape.