sensible.vim : Defaults everyone can agree on
| script karma
Downloaded by 3172
Comments, bugs, improvements
script versions (upload new version)
|Think of sensible.vim as one step above 'nocompatible' mode: a universal set of defaults that (hopefully) everyone can agree on.
* If you're new to Vim, you can install this as a starting point, rather than copying some random vimrc you found.
* If you're pair programming and you can't agree on whose vimrc to use, this can be your neutral territory.
* If you're administrating a server with an account that's not exclusively yours, you can `scp` this up to make things a bit more tolerable.
* If you're troubleshooting a plugin and need to rule out interference from your vimrc, having this installed will ensure you still have some basic amenities.
See the source for the authoritative list of features. (Don't worry, it's mostly :set calls.) Here's a taste:
* 'backspace': Backspace through anything in insert mode.
* 'incsearch': Start searching before pressing enter.
* 'listchars': Makes :set list (visible whitespace) prettier.
* 'scrolloff': Always show at least one line above/below the cursor.
* runtime! macros/matchit.vim: Load the version of matchit.vim that ships with Vim.
|Extract in ~/.vim (~\vimfiles on Windows).|
Click on the package to download.
ip used for rating: 18.104.22.168
||Enable upwards tags file searching with `./tags;` in 'tags'.
Enable joining commented lines with `formatoptions` j flag.
Remove 'showcmd', 'shiftround', and 'fileformat' changes.
Allow fish as 'shell' for compatible Vim versions.
Don't override user specified 'ttimeoutlen'.
Don't force `t_Co` to 16 for Eterm.
Add :diffupdate to CTRL-L map.
||Break undo after CTRL-U.
Set encoding=utf-8 in gvim.
Override shell=fish to use a supported shell instead.
Use ASCII only listchars.
Drop Y mapping.
Don't clobber scroll offsets.
Don't override a blank viminfo.
Don't force UNIX line endings on Windows.
Stop setting temporary directories.