vim-pencil : Rethinking Vim as a tool for writers
| script karma
Downloaded by 1592
Comments, bugs, improvements
script versions (upload new version)
|The pencil plugin aspires to make Vim as powerful a tool for writers as it is for coders by focusing narrowly on the handful of tweaks needed to smooth the path to writing prose.
Features of the pencil plugin:
* For editing files in text, markdown, textile, and other prose-oriented file types
* Agnostic on soft line wrap versus hard line breaks, supporting both
* Auto-detects wrap mode via modeline and sampling
* Adjusts navigation key mappings to suit the wrap mode
* Creates undo points on common punctuation
* When using hard line breaks, enables autoformat while inserting text
* Buffer-scoped configuration (leaves your global settings alone)
The latest version of this plugin, including configuration details and a brief animated demo, can be found at: https://github.com/reedes/vim-pencil
|Best installed using Pathogen, Vundle, Neobundle, or your favorite Vim package manager.
Click on the package to download.
ip used for rating: 18.104.22.168