Fist of Vim : Super simple and awesome gist support for vim
| script karma
Downloaded by 1404
Comments, bugs, improvements
script versions (upload new version)
|Fist of Vim
Fast, simple and super awesome Gist-ing for Vim.
For the latest version of this plugin, go to: https://github.com/ajh17/vim-fist
Fist of Vim depends on the gist command line tool. You can install and configure it by running:
[sudo] gem install gist
Fist of Vim defines these mappings:
<leader>p - Create a new gist
<leader>u - Update an existing gist
<leader>l - List your gists
Fist of Vim also sets the filetype and syntax completely automatically without you having to set it! Impressive, huh?
You can use Fist of Vim with a visual selection, or in normal mode, in which case, it is motion based.
For example, in normal mode, <leader>pG will create a new gist from the cursor to the end of file. In visual mode, simply visually select what you want gisted and then hit <leader>p to create a new gist.
|If you don't have a preferred installation method, I recommend installing
[pathogen.vim](https://github.com/tpope/vim-pathogen), and then simply copy and
git clone git://github.com/ajh17/vim-fist.git
Once the helptags have been generated, see `:h vim-fist` for usage.
Click on the package to download.
ip used for rating: 126.96.36.199
||- Now creates a secret gist by default
- Fixed incorrect function name reference
- Fixed an issue where creating a gist with visual mode would use the contents of the unnamed register instead of the selection.
||* Finally fixes any gist updating issues.
This version also means that if you can simply enter `let @f = "<gist url here>"` and then use the Fist of Vim's update command and have the gist updated.
||* Better UX when listing gists
* Added a g:fist_dispatch variable to optionally use async when listing gists
* Fixed an issue where filename was not getting set.
* Cleaned up default maps to not use `hasmapto()` to prevent errors.
* Documentation updates
Fixed an issue creating a Gist with linewise motions.
Fixed several issues with updating a Gist with both normal and visual modes.
Modified all functions to be private
||* Add ability to list the user's gists.
* Allow users to disable Fist of Vim default mappings.
* Fix an issue where gists aren't created to the end of a line.
* Added ability to define new mappings for creating/updating gists.
* Bug Fixes
- Fixed gisting from visual mode.
- Gisting from normal mode is now motion based (See :h vim-fist)
- You can now update your existing gists from
This plugin is now called Fist of Vim