Pickachu : Color, date, and file picker for Vim using Zenity
| script karma
Downloaded by 30
Comments, bugs, improvements
script versions (upload new version)
[Watch the GIF](https://gfycat.com/AccomplishedTintedJoey)
:Pick [app] [optional: format]
**Note:** The full command of `:Pick` is `:Pickachu`. Use whatever feels more intuitive for you.
**Note:** By default, `app` is set to `color` and `format` has different defaults depending on what app you choose. See more about defaults and how to change them in the [Configuration](#configuration) section
- **color** - The color-picker utility. Default format = `hex`.
- **date** - The date-picker utility. Default format is `%m/%d/%Y`. More about formatting is discussed in the [Configuration](#configuration) section.
- **file** - The file-picker utility. There are no format options for this utility.
### Keyboard shortcuts
By default, there are no keyboard mappings to avoid conflicts with mappings you currently use.
However, here are some ideas:
**Mapping the default color picker to `alt+c`:**
map <A-c> :Pickachu<CR>
**Mapping the file chooser to `alt+f`:**
map <A-c> :Pickachu file<CR>
**Mapping the date chooser to `alt+d`:**
map <A-d> :Pickachu date<CR>
### Global Variables
#### Default Color Format
`let g:pickachu_default_color_format = "hex"`
**Availible color formats are:**
#### Default Date Format:
`let g:pickachu_default_date_format = "%m/%d/%Y"`
Date formatting is done through [Python datetime](https://docs.python.org/2/library/datetime.html).
### KDE / Qt5 / Qarma support
If you are a KDE and/or would rather use Qt5's color picker, install `qarma`.
After doing so, add the following line to your configuration:
`let g:pickachu_default_command = "qarma"`
- You must have a Vim installation with Python3 support. If you're using NeoVim, you can simply type `pip3 install neovim`.
- You must have Zenity installed on your computer. On most Linux operating systems, this is already installed.
- If you're on a Mac, there may still be hope. [Here is a guide on installing Zenity with Homebrew on Mac](https://brewinstall.org/install-zenity-on-mac-with-brew/)
Add this line to your plugin loop:
git clone https://github.com/DougBeney/pickachu.git ~/.vim/bundle/nerdtree
apt-vim install -y https://github.com/DougBeney/pickachu.git
Click on the package to download.
ip used for rating: