set_utf8.vim : Switching to Unicode in an orderly manner
| script karma
Downloaded by 3869
Comments, bugs, improvements
script versions (upload new version)
|This script endeavours to set the various options required to allow (g)vim to process Unicode files properly, without, for instance, messing up keyboard input.|
1) Copy this script to your "user scripts" direcory,
i.e.: (direectory names below as required by the corresponding shell)
o for Unix (with sh or similar):
o for Windows (with COMMAND.COM, CMD.EXE or similar)
- if you have a HOME directory
- if you don't; but have a VIM directory
- otherwise, it will usually be something similar to one of the
following, depending on where you installed Vim (take your pick):
2) Open the script in a text editor such as Vim.
There are two settings at the end which you might want to comment away.
How to use it: simply add the following line to your vimrc, if and when you
want to switch over to UTF-8 processing:
Click on the package to download.
ip used for rating: 126.96.36.199