buflist : Buffer browser
| script karma
Downloaded by 1885
Comments, bugs, improvements
|The buffer browser plugin provides you an easy way to switch from a buffer to another. The layout has been inspired on the taglist script.
Press the <F4> key to toggle the buffer list on and off. Help can be displayed by pressing the 'h' key.
- <S-F3>/<S-F4> to decrease/increase window height by 1
- <C-S-F3>/<C-S-F4> to decrease/increase window height by 5
Usage when not in buffer list:
- <F4> to open/access buffer list panel
- \\0 to \\9 to mark window with number
- \\p to mark window as preview window
Usage when in buffer list:
- h to toggle help
- q to close buffer list (same as CTRL-W q)
- p to preview file in preview window
- d to delete currently selected buffer
- u to update buffer list
- x to toggle path display
- s to toggle sorting by buffer number/name/extension
- n/N to edit file in new window below/above <F4>
- <CR> to edit file in last window visited before <F4>
- \\0 to \\9 to edit file in window marked 0 to 9
- <F4> to go back to <F4> window
- <S-F3> to decrease buffer list width by 1
- <S-F4> to increase buffer list width by 1
- <C-S-F3> to decrease buffer list width by 5
- <C-S-F4> to increase buffer list width by 5
Remark: the \ is in fact defined as <Leader>, it might thus change regarding your environment settings.
From 1.6 to 1.7:
- g:BufList_Hide set to 1 or 0 whether the buflist panel shall be respectively hidden or not once buffer is selected (<CR> key).
- Copy buffer no longer erased when buffer is selected or when panel is updated.
From 1.5 to 1.6:
- buffer path display bug fix
- nonumber set for buffer list (thanks to Ian)
- <C-S-F3>/<C-S-F4> for increasing/decreasing window size
|Copy the buflist.vim file into your $VIM/vimfiles/plugin directory and restart VIM|
Rating scripts is only available on the
script versions (upload new version)
Click on the package to download.
ip used for rating: 126.96.36.199
||Added g:BufList_Hide variable to autohide the buffer list when <CR> is pressed. Update of buflist panel and pressing <CR> do not erase copy buffer anylonger.
||Buffer path display bug fix, nonumber set for buffer list (thanks to Ian), added <C-S-F3>/<C-S-F4> for increasing/decreasing window size