php_funcinfo.vim : Quick help on PHP functions
| script karma
Downloaded by 1299
Comments, bugs, improvements
script versions (upload new version)
|A filetype plugin file for PHP. Displays a list of built-in PHP functions, their prototypes and short descriptions.
Intended to be quick-reference-under-hand while editing a PHP script. You hit a hotkey, it opens a list of all PHP functions and displays a short synopsis for the word under cursor, if that is found.
The plugin is =UNFINISHED=, so there are some bugs:
- Some bugs in function list updating. Flicker. And somewhere in moving back-and-forth, wrong entries begin to show up.
- Syntax highlighting of the function prototype is quite messy.
- No mappings to put the selected function call back into the text.
- Speedup might help.
- Parse the XML source of the manual thoroughly, including predefined constants and variables, dividing functions into sections, etc.
- Kind of integration with external help, like Vim format by Jörn Horstmann (http://planetxml.de/vim-php-manual.php), or HTML format (will probably have to write a Vim browser) or CHM.
Anybody who cares, feel free to take over the development of this plugin.
ZIP file is 80 Kb.
|Put php_funcinfo.vim and php_funcinfo.txt (this is the list of functions, not docs) in
~/.vim/after/ftplugin (Unix) or
The default mapping for the hotkey is <F2>, which interferes with the EasyHTML plugin, and EasyHTML is loaded by the default php ftplugin. That's why the script must go to the /after directory. I suppose that nobody needs EasyHTML while editing PHP code. Or you can change the mapping.
Click on the package to download.
ip used for rating: 184.108.40.206