php_funcinfo.vim : Quick help on PHP functions
| script karma
Downloaded by 1325
Comments, bugs, improvements
|A filetype plugin file for PHP. Displays a list of built-in PHP functions, their prototypes and short descriptions.
Intended to be quick-reference-under-hand while editing a PHP script. You hit a hotkey, it opens a list of all PHP functions and displays a short synopsis for the word under cursor, if that is found.
The plugin is =UNFINISHED=, so there are some bugs:
- Some bugs in function list updating. Flicker. And somewhere in moving back-and-forth, wrong entries begin to show up.
- Syntax highlighting of the function prototype is quite messy.
- No mappings to put the selected function call back into the text.
- Speedup might help.
- Parse the XML source of the manual thoroughly, including predefined constants and variables, dividing functions into sections, etc.
- Kind of integration with external help, like Vim format by Jörn Horstmann (http://planetxml.de/vim-php-manual.php), or HTML format (will probably have to write a Vim browser) or CHM.
Anybody who cares, feel free to take over the development of this plugin.
ZIP file is 80 Kb.
|Put php_funcinfo.vim and php_funcinfo.txt (this is the list of functions, not docs) in
~/.vim/after/ftplugin (Unix) or
The default mapping for the hotkey is <F2>, which interferes with the EasyHTML plugin, and EasyHTML is loaded by the default php ftplugin. That's why the script must go to the /after directory. I suppose that nobody needs EasyHTML while editing PHP code. Or you can change the mapping.
Rating scripts is only available on the
script versions (upload new version)
Click on the package to download.
ip used for rating: 188.8.131.52