lbdbq : query lbdb from Vim
| script karma
Downloaded by 1374
Comments, bugs, improvements
script versions (upload new version)
|Functions and various mode mappings for querying lbdb (http://www.spinnaker.de/lbdb/) when using Vim to edit mails and mail headers, for example from Mutt (http://www.mutt.org).
Using this utility lines like the following appearing in a Vim buffer:
To: name surname, name2 surname2
can be automatically converted to lines like
To: My Friend <firstname.lastname@example.org>, My Other Friend <email@example.com>
by querying lbdb.
When the expansion of a given contact is ambiguous (i.e. it corresponds to more than one contact) the user is interactively asked to choose among them.
The utility can be used in various ways:
- in normal mode typing <Leader>lb: the current recipient line will be expanded (i.e. all expandable short names will be expanded to full name/address pairs)
- in insert mode typing <Leader>lb: same as above but without leaving insert mode
- in line visual mode typing <Leader>lb: same as above but all the visually selected line will be subject to expansion
- in visual mode typing <Leader>lb: only the short names contained in the visually selected text will be subject to expansion
I'm (now) aware that vimscript #388 is older than this script of mine and provide similar features. But this script is strictly more powerful (YMMV of course). For example it works in various modes (visual/insert/normal/...), is able to substitute more contacts at once, and takes into account the semantics of recipient lines. E.g.: if you try to expand "name surname" (without double quotes) the plugin looks up for both of them, while vimscript #388 will look up only for the part under the courses, leading more likely to ambiguous answers.
|A matter of taste. Personally I drop lbdbq.vim in my ~/.vim/ directory and from ~/.vim/after/ftplugin/mail.vim I do
If you don't mind having this plugin always loaded just drop it in ~/.vim/plugin/
Click on the package to download.
ip used for rating: 184.108.40.206
||- quote the name part of returned addresses, so that names with (e.g.) commas does not break the headers
- change license to GPL v3 or above
||- bugfix for lines which are continuation of RFC822 fields
- added URL field in the plugin
- less stupid vmappings (i.e. more efficient)
- normalize spaces when expanding contacts
- silent mappings