tselectbuffer : A quick buffer selector/switcher
| script karma
Downloaded by 2119
Comments, bugs, improvements
script versions (upload new version)
|This plugin provides a simple buffer selector. It doesn't have all the
features other buffer selectors have but can be useful for quickly
switching to a different buffer or for deleting buffers.
The idea is to view the buffer list, to do something, and to close the
buffer list. If you really want to permanently watch the buffer list to
see whether it's changed, you might want to use a different plugin.
- list buffers, dynamically filter buffers matching a pattern
- switch to a buffer
- rename a buffer (you may need to use :saveas! or :w! when writing
the renamed buffer to disk)
- delete one or more buffer(s)
List buffers. With a count or a !, show also hidden buffers.
<cr> ... Select (close the buffer list)
<c-s> ... Open in split window
<c-v> ... Open in vertically split window
<c-t> ... Open in new tab
<c-w> ... Show in original window (continue with the buffer list)
<c-d> ... Delete a buffer
<c-u> ... Rename a buffer
< ... Jump to opened buffer in window/tab
Suggested keymaps (put something like this into ~/.vimrc):
noremap <m-b> :TSelectBuffer<cr>
inoremap <m-b> <c-o>:TSelectBuffer<cr>
|vimscript #1863 is required.
Copy the vim file to ~/.vim/plugin/
Also available via git
Click on the package to download.
ip used for rating: 220.127.116.11
||- Moved the definition of some variables from plugin/tselectbuffer.vim to autoload/tselectbuffer.vim
- Delete buffer: New options: None, all
- Support for g:tselectbuffer#order = "basename"
- Require tlib 0.40
||- Alternate buffer wasn't initially selected after 0.4
- FIX: <c-s> and similar keys didn't work.
- MRU order (set g:tselectbuffer_order to "mru")
||- <c-w> ... View file in original window
- < ... Jump to already opened window, preferably on the current tab
page (if any)
- Enabled <c-t> to open buffer in tab
- Require tlib 0.13
- Initially select the alternate buffer
- Make a count act as bang.
- Can be "suspended" (i.e. you can switch back to the orignal window)
||- <c-u>: Rename buffer (and file on disk)
- <c-v>: Show buffers in vertically split windows
- Require tlib 0.9
- "Delete buffer" will wipe-out unloaded buffers.
||- Minor improvements