Click on the package to download.
||- Automatically close the preview window when jumping to a tag
- Don't forget the previous window in certain situations, which was causing
problems with for example fugitive
- Fixed toggling kind-specific folds
- Fixed ctags error that can happen with Cygwin
||- Added possibility to show tags in the preview window, either manually or
- Allow customizing the statusline, see :help g:tagbar_status_func.
- Type configuration can now be project-specific.
- The keybindings in the Tagbar window are now configurable.
- Improvements to Ctags execution on Windows, thanks to Darcy Parker.
- Added function tagbar#currentfile() that returns the path to the file
currently being displayed in Tagbar, thanks to Zhao Cai.
- Added a :Tagbar command as an alias for :TagbarToggle.
- Added an way to ignore specific files in case they create problems.
- Optionally show line numbers in the Tagbar window.
- The usual bunch of small improvements and bugfixes.
||- New command :TagbarTogglePause to freeze Tagbar in its current state so you
can switch to other files while keeping the old information displayed for
reference. (Kian Ryan)
- New command :TagbarCurrentTag which reports the same information as
- New option tagbar_indent to configure the indentation depth of the tags.
- New option tagbar_show_visibility to allow disabling the visibility symbols.
- Files are now cached locally to avoid additional slowdowns for slow
connections. This also makes it possible to use Tagbar with files accessed
- Execute ctags again even if the previous run reported errors, in case it was
a parse error that has since been fixed. If the error persists, don't
display it again.
- Improved window switching and Vim exit behaviours. (Techlive Zheng)
- The currenttag() function now can show the prototype instead of the actual
tag, which can be useful in some cases where ctags doesn't report all the
- The prototype shown in the tooltip or command line should now always be
complete, even if it is spread out over more than one line in the source
- The TagbarAccessPublic etc. highlight groups have been renamed to
TagbarVisibilityPublic etc. to keep them in line with standard terminology.
The old names are still supported.
- Various smaller improvements and bugfixes.
||- Fixed some bugs related to the currenttag() function when it was called
before the rest of the plugin was loaded. Also fail silently in case
something goes wrong so the statusline doesn't get messed up.
- In certain cases highlighting tags in deeply nested folds could cause an
- Spellchecking is now correctly getting disabled in the Tagbar window.
||- New function tagbar#currenttag() that reports the current tag, for example
for putting it into the statusline.
- New command TagbarGetTypeConfig for easy customization of an existing type.
- Type definitions now can be loaded from ftplugins.
- The autoopen() function is now a bit more flexible.
- Vala is now supported if Anjuta is installed.
- Various other small improvements and bugfixes.
||- Add a convenience function that allows more flexible ways to automatically
- Replace option tagbar_usearrows with tagbar_iconchars to allow custom
characters to be specified. This helps with fonts that don't display the
default characters properly.
- Remove the need to provide the complete jsctags configuration if jsctags is
not found in $PATH, now only the concrete path has to be specified.
- Add debugging functionality.
||- Small incompatible change: TagbarOpen now doesn't jump to the Tagbar window
anymore if it is already open. Use "TagbarOpen j" instead or see its
documentation for more options.
- Tags inside of scopes now have a header displaying their "kind".
- The Tagbar contents are now immediately updated on save for files smaller
than a configurable size.
- Tagbar can now be configured to jump to a tag with only a single-click
instead of a double-click.
- Most of the script has been moved to the autoload directory, so Vim startup
should be faster (thanks to Kien N).
- Jumping to tags should work most of the time even if the file has been
modified and not saved.
- If Ctags has been installed into the default location using Homebrew or
MacPorts it should now be found automatically.
- Several bugfixes.
||This is mostly a bug-fix release.
- Make Tagbar work in (hopefully) all cases under Windows
- Handle cases where 'encoding' is different from system encoding, for example on a Chinese Windows with 'encoding' set to "utf-8" (see manual for details in case it doesn't work out-of-the-box)
- Fixed a bug with the handling of subtypes like "python.django"
- If a session got saved with Tagbar open it now gets restored properly
- Locally reset foldmethod/foldexpr in case foldexpr got set to something expensive globally
- Tagbar now tries hard to go to the correct window when jumping to a tag
- Explain some possible issues with the current jsctags version in the manual
- Explicitly check for some possible configuration problems to be able to give better feedback
- A few other small fixes
||- Fixed sorting bug when 'ignorecase' is set
||- Folding now works correctly. Folds will be preserved when leaving the Tagbar window and when switching between files. Also tag types can be configured to be folded by default, which is useful for things like includes and imports.
- DoctorJS/jsctags and other compatible programs are now supported.
- All of the highlight groups can now be overridden.
- Added keybinding to quickly jump to next/previous top-level tag.
- Added Taglist's "p" keybinding for jumping to a tag without leaving the Tagbar window.
- Several bugfixes and other small improvements.
||- Type definitions can now include a path to a file with the ctags definition. This is especially useful for ftplugins that can now ship with a complete ctags and Tagbar configuration without requiring user intervention. Thanks to Jan Christoph Ebersbach for the suggestion.
- Added autofocus setting by Taybin Rutkin. This will put the cursor in the Tagbar window when it is opened.
- The "scopes" field is no longer needed in type definitions, the information is already there in "scope2kind". Existing definitions will be ignored.
- Some fixes and improvements related to redrawing and window switching.
||- Fix typo in Ruby definition
Thanks to Mishail for reporting.
||- Don't lose syntax highlighting when ':syntax enable' is called
- Allow expanding the Vim window when Tagbar is opened
Thanks to Hansi for reporting.