TeX-9 : A semi-automatic LaTeX ftplugin with lots of firepower!
| script karma
Downloaded by 1806
Comments, bugs, improvements
script versions (upload new version)
Author: Elias Toivanen
TeX-9 is a ftplugin that aims to enhance the writing experience of high
quality documents with LaTeX and Vim. The goal of TeX-9 is to be simple
and Vimish, meaning that focus is on carefully thought-out key mappings
and features that are already present in a typical Vim installation. If
you need to write a thesis or research articles and insist on having only
one editor for all editing tasks, then TeX-9 is for you!
TeX-9 uses Python2.x as its backend and therefore a Vim installation with
Python support is required. TeX-9 is being developed on Linux running
The main features of TeX-9 are
* Compile, debug and launch a document viewer from within Vim
* Insert LaTeX code snippets with ease
* Powerful text-object for LaTeX environments
* Omni-completion of BibTeX database entries and label references
* Omni-completion of mathematical symbols
* SyncTeX support (for the Evince document viewer)
* Filetype specific indentation (courtesy of Johannes Tanzler)
* LaTeX2e manual (ported to Vim by Mikolaj Machowski)
* No-hassle settings, relatively few mappings
| The good method
* Use the pathogen plugin (http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=2332)
* Clone TeX-9 from GitHub (https://github.com/vim-scripts/TeX-9)
* Run :Helptags and read the help on 'tex_nine'
* If you like TeX-9, show it on this page...it would make me happy.
The traditional method
* Unzip the tarball to your local Vim tree (tar xaf tex_nine-<version>.tar.gz; rsync -avz tex_nine-<version>/ ~/.vim/)
* Update helptags (:helptags ~/.vim/doc/)
* Read the help on TeX-9 (:help tex_nine)
Click on the package to download.
ip used for rating: 18.104.22.168