yankstack : lightweight implementation of emacs' kill ring for vim
| script karma
Downloaded by 959
Comments, bugs, improvements
Author: Max Brunsfeld <http://www.github.com/maxbrunsfeld>
[Yankstack.vim](https://github.com/maxbrunsfeld/vim-yankstack) is a
lightweight implementation of the Emacs 'kill ring' for Vim. It allows you to
yank and delete things without worrying about losing the text that you yanked
previously. It effectively turns your default register into a stack, and lets
you cycle through the items in the stack after doing a paste.
This plugin is intended to be a simpler alternative to the
## Key Mappings ##
By default, yankstack adds only 2 key bindings, in normal and visual modes:
- ```meta-p``` - cycle *backward* through your history of yanks
- ```meta-shift-p``` - cycle *forwards* through your history of yanks
After pasting some text using ```p``` or ```P```, you can cycle through your
yank history using these commands.
Typing either of these keys *without* pasting first will do a normal paste
(the same as typing `p`). This also works in insert mode.
A note about the meta key - if you're using MacVim, and you want to use
this plugin's default key bindings (or any bindings involving the `option`
key), you must ```:set macmeta```
## Commands ##
You can see the contents of the yank-stack using the ```:Yanks``` command.
Its output is similar to the ```:registers``` command.
## Configuration ##
Yankstack defines two plugin mappings that you can map to keys of your choosing.
The same mappings work in normal and insert modes.
- ```<Plug>yankstack_substitute_older_paste``` - cycle backwards through your history of yanks
- ```<Plug>yankstack_substitute_newer_paste``` - cycle forwards through your history of yanks
For example, if you wanted to define some mappings based on your 'leader' key,
you could do this:
nmap <leader>p <Plug>yankstack_substitute_older_paste
nmap <leader>P <Plug>yankstack_substitute_older_paste
Also, if you want to load yankstack without the default key mappings, just
``` let g:yankstack_map_keys = 0 ```
in your .vimrc file.
## Compatibility ##
Yankstack works by mapping the yank and paste keys to functions that do some
book-keeping before calling through to the normal yank/paste keys. You may want
to define your own mappings of the yank and paste keys. For example, I like to
map the ```Y``` key to ```y$```, so that it behaves the same as ```D``` and
```C```. The yankstack mappings need to happen **before** you define any such
mappings of your own. To achieve this, just call ```yankstack#setup()``` in
your vimrc, before defining your mappings:
nmap Y y$
" other mappings involving y, d, c, etc
## Contributing, Feedback ##
I'd enjoy hearing anybody's feedback on yankstack, and welcome any contribution.
Check it out on [github](https://github.com/maxbrunsfeld/vim-yankstack)!
## Changelog ##
### 1.0.4 (2012-07-01)
- Make it so that yankstack-cycling keys cause a normal paste if they are
used without pasting first. Fix stack-cycling in insert-mode.
### 1.0.3 (2012-05-04):
- Fix bug when overwriting text in select mode. This was causing
problems for snipMate users.
### 1.0.2 (2012-4-20):
- Add test coverage using rspec and [vimbot](https://github.com/maxbrunsfeld/vimbot)!
- Perfect the behavior of the yankstack when pasting over text in visual
- Fix bug where 's' and 'S' didn't push to the yankstack
### 1.0.1 (2012-2-11):
- Change default key bindings, update readme, add link to github page.
### 1.0.1 (2011-12-08):
- Fix bug when displaying empty yanks.
### 1.0.0 (2011-12-04):
- Remove unnecessary dependency on the undotree() function. Plugin should
now work on any recent version of vim.
## License ##
Copyright (c) Max Brunsfeld. Distributed under the same terms as Vim itself.
See the vim license.
|## Installation ##
I recommend loading your plugins with
[pathogen](https://github.com/tpope/vim-pathogen), so you can just clone this
repo into your ```bundle``` directory.
Rating scripts is only available on the
script versions (upload new version)
Click on the package to download.
ip used for rating: 22.214.171.124