instant-markdown.vim : Real-time Markdown previews from Vim!
| script karma
Downloaded by 862
Comments, bugs, improvements
|Want to instantly preview finnicky markdown files, but don't want to leave your favorite editor, or have to do it in some crappy browser textarea? vim-instant-markdown is your friend! When you open a markdown file in vim, a browser window will open which shows the compiled markdown in real-time, and closes once you close the file in vim.
As a bonus, github-flavored-markdown is supported, and styles used while previewing are the same as those github uses!
Supported platforms: OSX and Unix/Linuxes
To file bugs, feature requests, send patches, or to simply follow the development of instant-markdown, visit its project page at https://github.com/suan/vim-instant-markdown
|You first need to have node.js with npm installed.
[sudo] npm -g install instant-markdown-d
If you're using Linux, the xdg-utils package needs to be installed.
Download the script into ~/.vim/plugin
By default, vim-instant-markdown will update the display in realtime. If that taxes your system too much, you can specify
let g:instant_markdown_slow = 1
before loading the plugin (for example place that in your `~/.vimrc`). This will cause vim-instant-markdown to only refresh on the following events:
- No keys have been pressed for a while
- A while after you leave insert mode
- You save the file being edited
By default, vim-instant-markdown will automatically launch the preview window when you open a markdown file. If you want to manually control this behavior, you can specify
let g:instant_markdown_autostart = 0
in your .vimrc. You can then manually trigger preview via the command :InstantMarkdownPreview. This command is only available inside markdown buffers and when the autostart option is turned off.
Rating scripts is only available on the
script versions (upload new version)
Click on the package to download.
ip used for rating: 188.8.131.52
||### 0.0.7 (10-31-2013)
thanks to @terryma!
- Added option to only start previewing markdown on demand
||### 0.0.5 (12-05-2012)
These changes are _also_ courtesy of @chreekat!
- Plugin no longer breaks vim mouse scrolling
- No longer errors upon opening an empty markdown file
- `instant_markdown_slow` option to update preview less frequently
||### 0.0.3 (04-26-2012)
Some changes for this release were made in the backend. Do `[sudo] npm -g update instant-markdown-d` to get them.
- Delay starting the `instant-markdown-d` server. This fixed the plugin for a few people who were getting empty browser windows.
- Display a message with configuration instructions when the preview window can't be closed due to Firefox restrictions.
### 0.0.4 (12-05-2012)
All these changes courtesy of @chreekat, THANKS!
- Is now an `after/ftplugin` plugin. Markdown filetype detection is left to Vim itself, or other plugins.
- Behavior when multiple markdown files are open has been improved
- No more weird characters taking over the status/command bar while editing
- Internals have been completely rewritten and are much more cleaner and adhere to vim script best practices