Git Support : Inspect the state of a repository and execute Git commands without leaving Vim.
| script karma
Downloaded by 327
Comments, bugs, improvements
script versions (upload new version)
|Integration of Git for Vim/gVim:
- use Git from within Vim and eliminate the need for context switches
- quickly add the file in the current buffer or show its diff
- the output of commands like "git status" is redirected into buffers
- ... the commit can be manipulated from right there
- show the stash, logs, branches, tags, remotes, ...
- show the Git help in a buffer, or open it in the browser
- each buffer comes with a short help: press <SHIFT+F1>
- run arbitrary Git commands and optionally redirect their output into a buffer
- start gitk with arguments: :GitK --all
- comes with a menu, which also severs as an overview of the plug-in's functionality
- custom menu for often used combination of arguments
- configurable syntax highlighting designed to match Git's own highlighting
- automatic folds for diffs and logs
Here are some screen shots : http://lug.fh-swf.de/vim/website_git
The help file online : http://lug.fh-swf.de/vim/website_git/gitsupport.html
This plug-in comes with a help file (git-support.txt). Read it with
GET IN TOUCH
Git Support is on GitHub:
Stand-alone for plug-in managers: https://github.com/WolfgangMehner/git-support
Main development repository: https://github.com/WolfgangMehner/vim-plugins
(Please help us keep track of all the issues and name your report/request "Git-Support: <title>")
You can subscribe to the vim-plugins-list mailing list to post your questions or
suggestions for improvement or to report bugs. The list will also be used to
announce new releases ( c.vim / bash-support / perl-support / git-support ).
Visit the following page for subscribing to the mailing list:
The vim-plugins-list list is very low on traffic.
|Copy the zip archive git-support.zip to $HOME/.vim/ (Linux/Unix) or $HOME/vimfiles (Windows) and run:
Windows: Set the correct executable. See git-support/README.gitsupport or:
(the default is "C:\Program Files\Git\bin\git.exe")
Consider configuring the syntax highlighting. By default, the syntax hightlighting uses Vim's own syntax
categories. See git-support/README.gitsupport or git-support/rc/additions.vimrc for information on how
to configure the syntax highlighting to look more like Git's output.
Click on the package to download.
ip used for rating: 188.8.131.52
||- Added: New maps for the buffers: blame, diff and status
- Changed: Commands which open a file will jump to its window, if one exists.
- Changed: Opening a diff in the status buffer (see g:Git_StatusStagedOpenDiff).
- Changed: Calling :GitDiff without arguments (see g:Git_DiffExpandEmpty).
- Added: Command :GitGrep and :GitGrepTop.
- Added: Command :GitMergeUpstream.
- Added: Custom menu (see g:Git_CustomMenu).
- Added: Cmd. line completion for :GitHelp.
- Added: Command :GitBlame supports ranges.
- Fixed: Jumping from the status buffer to a file did not work when the working directory changed.
- Changed: After jumping to a file/buffer, open all folds under the cursor (see g:Git_OpenFoldAfterJump).
- Changed: Default executables for Windows.
- Added: Command :GitK.
- Added: Settings g:Git_GitKExecutable and g:Git_GitKScript.
- Improved syntax highlighting.
- Minor bugfixes and improvements.