Git Support : Inspect the state of a repository and execute Git commands without leaving Vim.
| script karma
Downloaded by 802
Comments, bugs, improvements
|Integration of Git for Vim/gVim:
- use Git from within Vim and eliminate the need for context switches
- quickly add the file in the current buffer or show its diff
- the output of commands like "git status" is redirected into buffers
- ... the commit can be manipulated from right there
- show the stash, logs, branches, tags, remotes, ...
- show the Git help in a buffer, or open it in the browser
- each buffer comes with a short help: press <SHIFT+F1>
- run arbitrary Git commands and optionally redirect their output into a buffer
- start gitk with arguments: :GitK --all
- comes with a menu, which also severs as an overview of the plug-in's functionality
- custom menu for often used combination of arguments
- configurable syntax highlighting designed to match Git's own highlighting
- automatic folds for diffs and logs
Some screen shots : http://wolfgangmehner.github.io/vim-plugins/gitsupport.html
For plug-in managers : https://github.com/WolfgangMehner/git-support
The help file online : http://wolfgangmehner.github.io/vim-plugins/doc/gitsupport.html
This plug-in comes with a help file (gitsupport.txt). Read it with
Git Support is on GitHub:
(Please help us keep track of all the issues and name your report/request "Git-Support: <title>")
You can subscribe to the vim-plugins-list mailing list to post your questions or
suggestions for improvement or to report bugs. The list will also be used to
announce new releases ( c.vim / bash-support / perl-support / git-support ).
Visit the following page for subscribing to the mailing list:
The vim-plugins-list list is very low on traffic.
|Copy the zip archive git-support.zip to $HOME/.vim/ (Linux/Unix) or $HOME/vimfiles (Windows) and run:
Windows: Set the correct executable. See git-support/README.gitsupport or:
(the default is "C:\Program Files\Git\bin\git.exe")
Consider configuring the syntax highlighting. By default, the syntax hightlighting uses Vim's own syntax
categories. See git-support/README.gitsupport or git-support/rc/additions.vimrc for information on how
to configure the syntax highlighting to look more like Git's output.
Rating scripts is only available on the
script versions (upload new version)
Click on the package to download.
ip used for rating: 18.104.22.168
||- Add: The diff buffer can be use to add/reset chunks, added new maps.
- Add: Extended command-line completion to handle options for Git commands.
- Add: New maps for the buffer: log
- Add: Command :GitEdit to quickly jump to configuration files.
- Change: The status buffer can handle renamed files.
- Improve syntax highlighting.
- Minor changes.
||- Added: Command :GitBash for running interactive Git commands.
- Added: Command :GitSlist as a shorthand for ":GitStash list".
- Added: New maps for the buffers: branch, remote, stash, tag
- Added: New maps for the buffer: status
- Added: New setting g:Git_BinPath, to set the path to the executables.
- Added: Command-line completion for subcommands, branches, remotes, tags.
- Changed: :GitShow shows different objects in an according way.
- Changed: :GitCommitFile updates the file before committing.
- Changed: :GitHelp shows man page text with appropriate width.
- Changed: :GitStatus can be restricted to a path by passing it as an argument.
- Changed: :GitStatus respects the option 'status.relativePaths'.
- Changed: :GitStatus can work with changes introduced by Git version 1.8.5.
- Changed: Calling :GitCheckout and :GitReset without arguments
(see g:Git_CheckoutExpandEmpty and g:Git_ResetExpandEmpty).
- Fixed: Jumping to files was still not working correctly.
- Fixed: Better compatibility with custom mappings
(use "normal!", "noremap" and "noremenu" consistently).
- Improved syntax highlighting.
- Minor changes.
||- Added: New maps for the buffers: blame, diff and status
- Changed: Commands which open a file will jump to its window, if one exists.
- Changed: Opening a diff in the status buffer (see g:Git_StatusStagedOpenDiff).
- Changed: Calling :GitDiff without arguments (see g:Git_DiffExpandEmpty).
- Added: Command :GitGrep and :GitGrepTop.
- Added: Command :GitMergeUpstream.
- Added: Custom menu (see g:Git_CustomMenu).
- Added: Cmd. line completion for :GitHelp.
- Added: Command :GitBlame supports ranges.
- Fixed: Jumping from the status buffer to a file did not work when the working directory changed.
- Changed: After jumping to a file/buffer, open all folds under the cursor (see g:Git_OpenFoldAfterJump).
- Changed: Default executables for Windows.
- Added: Command :GitK.
- Added: Settings g:Git_GitKExecutable and g:Git_GitKScript.
- Improved syntax highlighting.
- Minor bugfixes and improvements.