vim-clang : Yet another C/C++ code completion plugin based on Clang
| script karma
Downloaded by 183
Comments, bugs, improvements
script versions (upload new version)
Use of clang to parse and complete C/C++ source files.
* Put the file `plugin/clang.vim` into `~/.vim/plugin` is OK.
* [pathogen.vim] `cd ~/.vim/bundle; git clone https://github.com/justmao945/vim-clang.git` is recommended.
I was a user of clang\_compelete and it's really a good job, but someday I found that
I must write another plugin to overcome some _drawbacks_ of it...
vim-clang VS [Rip-Rip/clang_complete]
1. User options can be set for different file types in vim-clang.
let g:clang_c_options = '-std=gnu11'
let g:clang_cpp_options = '-std=c++11 -stdlib=libc++'
2. vim-clang is faster than clang_complete(not use libclang).
vim-clang does not support libclang now, and I don't think it's a good idea to use cindex.py(python binding for clang) directly.
If you use clang_complete with libclang and open many C/C++ source files, you'll find that VIM eats up **hundreds** of MB RAM...
* vim-clang caches output of clang and reuses if the completion point is not changed and without errors.
* vim-clang only runs clang once to get completions and diagnostics.
3. vim-clang is more friendly than clang_complete.
* vim-clang uses the preview window to show prototypes for C/C++ sources.
Generally, C++ source has many overload functions and most of completions are very complex,
which is not good to put this into OmniComplete popup menu.
* vim-clang uses a split window to show the caret diagnostics from clang.
clang_complete uses quickfix window to show diagnostics without caret, but that's not the best choice...
Because the caret diagnostics of clang including many useful infomation.
4. vim-clang supports relative include path in .clang configuration file.
$ cat .clang
5. Better PCH support. vim-clang will find stdafx.h.pch automatically.
Asynchronized mode [new]
* Now vim-clang supports to call clang executable asynchronously that it won't block
vim during the completion. This is very useful if your project is large and the machine
is not very powerful to parse them in tens of milliseconds. In synchronized mode you'll
find that's too 'slow' to wait the completion...
* This mode is implemented by starting another vim process to notify the finish of the
completion, so `+clientserver` option is required to compile the vim(generally added).
* Please note that if you start vim from a terminal, and work as the non-GUI mode, such
as execute 'vim' to spawn the edit, default it does not act as a server. Instead, you
can start Gvim to work as a server or you must add '--servername XXX' to force to start
a vim server. More to see ':h clientserver'.
Options and Commands
Now only tested on Linux (Ubuntu/Debian) and Mac OSX
|Put the file plugin/clang.vim into ~/.vim/plugin is OK.
pathogen.vim: `cd ~/.vim/bundle; git clone https://github.com/justmao945/vim-clang.git` is recommended.
Click on the package to download.
ip used for rating: 22.214.171.124