Intelligently reopen files where you left off. By default git, svn, and mercurial commit messages are ignored because you probably want to type a new message and not re-edit the previous one.
Advantages over the snippets that can be found around the net include:
* Maximizes Available Context
- Center the cursor vertically after restoring last edit position.
- Keep as much of the file on screen as possible when last edit position is at the end of the file.
* Commit messages automatically start beginning of the file. This is important because many version control systems re-use the same file for commit message editing.
* Opens folds if the last edit position is inside a fold.