ToggleComment : Simple, flexibel, language-independent mappings to de-/commentify
| script karma
Downloaded by 1492
Comments, bugs, improvements
|This utility draws heavily from vimtip #271 and additional note 2002-07-06.
Yet it's different in one or more aspects from other tips and scripts I'm
- de-/commtify lines in normal mode (with count) and visual mode
- use the same keys for commenting and decommenting
- language independent, you define different mappings for various languages
and/or one comment-command for different filetypes
- simple and flexibel, to change the comment characters from '#' to '# ' e.g.,
just change a mapping in your .vimrc, not the script
- comment-style: comments are indented like the uncommented line
- no hlsearch problem, last search pattern and .-command are preserved
- inserted comment characters are protected from further expansion
- might be adapted to other comment styles (first column comments, ...)
Commented text looks like this:
/* comment the line */
<!-- else: -->
// uncomment the
You would put or remove this comments (cursor on the first line), by typing:
,# ,* ,< 2,/
|Put the file ToggleComment.vim in your plugin directory or just copy/paste
the two functions in your .vimrc file.
Then define mappings in your .vimrc, like for example:
map ,# :call CommentLineToEnd('#')<CR>+
map ,* :call CommentLinePincer('/* ', ' */')<CR>+
and/or map Meta-c (Alt-c) and Meta-Shift-C for different FileTypes.
For more detailed description and installation instructions see the README file.
Rating scripts is only available on the
script versions (upload new version)
Click on the package to download.
ip used for rating: 22.214.171.124