YAPosting : Yet Another Posting script
| script karma
Downloaded by 730
Comments, bugs, improvements
script versions (upload new version)
|This script was designed in order to have a simple but reliable, comprehensive and reusable set of mappings, functions and syntax in order to improve the Mailing and Posting edition. It does 'clean' the quotes in the mail (removes empty quoted lines, condense quote signs and remove signature), it changes Microsoft Outlook Express quote header to a standard quote header and put the quote where it belongs, it can remove quoted or not quoted paragraphs and it can reformat your text into a justified text inside margins.
The script has been totally rewritten for version 2.0, with a python backend written from scratch to replace the Perl Text::Format module.
Now the main page of this script is: https://github.com/guyzmo/vim-yaposting
To install it, the script is Vundle/Pathogen ready.
NB: This script offers a similar, yet different way to Justify a text than : vimscript #177
|You need to have vim compiled against Python >=2.6 installed.
You can install it by adding Bundle('guyzmo/vim-yaposting') in your vimrc, if you use Vundle.
Otherwise, the python module in pylibs shall go to your python path accessible from vim, and the vimscript file to ~/.vim/ftplugin/mail/
Click on the package to download.
ip used for rating: 184.108.40.206
||* rebuilt from scratch
* switched to python backend
* updated script for best Vundle compatibility
* improved formatting features
||* Added support for utf-8 encoded characters for the justify format feature
* Added '<Lead>n' shortcut to add "cut here" marks :
* Verified support for vim >7 (verified with 7.1) but shall work with older vims.
* Need to be improved to be more vim script compliant (better use of <Lead>, of function declaration, use of range etc...)
* Need to have better support of typographic rules (don't add spaces around quotes for example when justifying the text)
* Need to improve OE quote fixing rules...