enabler : Load plugins/bundles as needed
| script karma
Downloaded by 743
Comments, bugs, improvements
script versions (upload new version)
|The Enabler plugin loads plugins/bundles (à la pathogen) on demand as requested
by the user. It's main goal is to manage your 'runtimepath' as needed. It thus
allows users to have tons of vim plugins/bundles at their finger tips without
slowing down startup time.
Plugins/bundles are enabled:
- on explicit demand via |:Enable|
- or implicitly when
- setting a filetype (see |:Enablefiletype|)
- editing a file matching a |regexp| (see |:Enablefilepattern|)
- calling an unknown function (see |:Enableautoload|)
- invoking a map (see |:Enablemap|)
- calling a command (see |:Enablecommand|)
Enabler can also scan available plugins/bundles and generate stub commands and
maps for you (see |:Enablegenerate|). These autoenabler definitions can be
loaded via |:Autoenabler|.
The doc files of installed plugins/bundles can be made available via
Most vim plugin managers try to do at least two things: manage your
'runtimepath' and manage (install, update, remove) plugins. The Enabler plugin
focuses on the first task, i.e., managing the 'runtimepath' variable and
enabling plugins as needed. The Enabler plugin doesn't provide a way to
download / install / update / remove / build these plugins. Users should use
one of the other vim plugin managers available, shell scripts or whatever.
Enabler is the successor of the tplugin plugin.
|If you want to install the vba from vim.org, open the vba file in VIM (see
`:help vimball` for details) and type: >
If you want to install from git, clone http://github.com/tomtom/enabler_vim/
to ~/.vim/bundle/enabler_vim: >
git clone https://github.com/tomtom/enabler_vim.git
In order to make full use of the enabler plugin, you could insert something
like the the following lines at the top of the |vimrc| file:
""" If enabler is installed as bundle, add the directory of the enabler
""" bundle to 'rtp' (the value may differ from your setup):
""" If enabler is installed in ~/.vim replace the above line with the
" runtime! plugin/enabler.vim
""" Optionally customize enabler's behaviour:
" let g:enabler... = ...
""" Load the plugin:
""" Enable a standard set of plugins you always use:
""" Optionally load |autoenabler.vim| (must run :Enablegenerate first):
Click on the package to download.
ip used for rating: 184.108.40.206
||- enabler#helptags#Generate(): Show message
- enabler#Command(): Add extra check for "AddUndefine()"
- Use case sensitive matches for filenames
- enabler#AutoFiletype(): Call enabler#Plugin() with load_now = 1
- NEW :Enablecommands, enabler#Commands()
- NEW :Enableautocmd EVENT PATTERN PLUGIN[#GROUP]...
- Support for ftbundles/ftplugins
MD5 checksum: a51dfad95cc0d93ce59868deef5cf9fd