Vim - the ubiquitous text editor
Vim is a highly configurable text editor built to make creating and
changing any kind of text very efficient.
It is included as "vi" with most UNIX systems and with Apple OS X.
Vim is rock stable and is continuously being developed to become even better.
Among its features are:
- persistent, multi-level undo tree
- extensive plugin system
- support for hundreds of programming languages and file formats
- powerful search and replace
- integrates with many tools
is the current version
Vim 9.0 is released!
Finally, after years of hard work, there is a new major release of Vim.
Besides many additions and fixes, the main new item is the support for Vim9 script.
You can go straight to the Download page and try it out.
Or read the announcement. (Bram Moolenaar)
Sven Guckes has passed away
I'm sad to announce that a member of the Vim community is no longer here.
See this message: https://groups.google.com/g/vim_announce/c/MJBKVd-xrEE
This is what vim.org looked like when Sven was still maintaining it: vim.org in 2001. (Bram Moolenaar)
Interview with Bram
Evrone interviewed me about my work on Vim.
You can read it here (Bram Moolenaar)
Vim: The power tool for everyone!
See pictures of Bram's latest visit to Uganda on
Read the visit report on the ICCF website.
| Recent Script Updates
|| 5,870 scripts, 17,014,147 downloads
|| coco : a vim code commentator;
||(1.1.1) Fix line continuation. - Cyker Way
|| vim-doge : Generate proper code documentation skeletons with a single keypress.
||(3.18.0) - Remove CreateDocStandard command
- Add 3 new doc standards for C and C++ - Kim 金可明
|| Vim SQL Workbench : Provides sql access from vim to any DBMS
||(8.2.2) * better handling of the temporary files
* bug fix: the settings file of `SQL Workbench/J` would be overriden if the `sqlwbconsole` process would get killed
* bug fix: when changing the profile, the autocomplete options would not change
* fixed the background run
* dbexplorer: now the references is based on the generated report
* added support for `wb-profiles.properties` file
* added suppor... - Cosmin Popescu
|| SelX : A Rainbow of Vim selection/highlighting & search
||(02/08/2022) - The search index (used by (`<M-n`/`<Leader>n` and `<M-N>`/`<Leader>N`) now operates per-tab (the auto-selection index has always done)
- The auto-selection index, and the search index are now transposed to a new tab opened with the `tt` mapping
- Added facility to (optionally) copy the auto-selection index and the search index between tabs (via the 'SelXPaseteAll` command)
- Added g:SelxPast... - Richard Bentley-Green
|| The ObjectSense Programming Language : An object-oriented reincarnation of VimL
||(1.1.3) Initial upload - Yiu Wing Yip
|more recent |
most downloaded |
The tips are located on the
Vim Tips wiki.
This is a platform to exchange tips and tricks from and for Vim users.
| Vim Tips