Vim - the ubiquitous text editor
Vim is a highly configurable text editor built to make creating and
changing any kind of text very efficient.
It is included as "vi" with most UNIX systems and with Apple OS X.
Vim is rock stable and is continuously being developed to become even better.
Among its features are:
- persistent, multi-level undo tree
- extensive plugin system
- support for hundreds of programming languages and file formats
- powerful search and replace
- integrates with many tools
is the current version
vim.org now completely on https
SourceForge has moved to new infrastructure. Unfortunately this caused an outage for a few days. Currently it appears everything is working again.
On the positive side, SSL is now fully supported, all the pages are on https://www.vim.org. (Bram Moolenaar)
Vimfest 2017 in Berlin
Vimfest is happening again! 22 to 24 September in Berlin. Find more information on the website. (Bram Moolenaar)
Vim website now on https
Since the Vim website hosts scripts, security is relevant. SourceForge now supports using https, but only on sourceforge.io.
That is why you now get redirected from vim.org to vim.sourceforge.io.
Let me know if something does not work. (Bram Moolenaar)
Vim: The power tool for everyone!
See pictures of Bram's latest visit to Uganda on
Read the visit report on the ICCF website.
| Recent Script Updates
|| 5,532 scripts, 12,354,719 downloads
|| Vim SQL Workbench : Provides sql access from vim to any DBMS
||(8.1) * fixed documentation issues
* added the `CtrlPSW` command (will open CtrlP with the SW profiles)
* added the `CtrlPClearSWCache` command (will parse profiles from scratch
when opening CtrlP)
* fixed the spaces in profiles name (CtrlP will fail if there was a space in
the profile name or in the group name)
* switch back the autocomplete to `<C-x><C-o>` for compatibility with
`YouCompleteMe`... - Cosmin Popescu
|| rested : A desert based scheme with more colors.
||(0.1.0) Initial upload - skycolor radialsum
|| vim-anyfold : Generic folding mechanism and motion based on indentation
||(2.0) Better defaults for brace based languages and performance optimizations - Patrick Seewald
|| readline.vim : Readline-style bindings for command mode
||(1.4) Improved documentation - Elias Åström
|| localvimrc : load subdirectory specific vimrc files
||(2.7.0) - add setting |g:localvimrc_enable| and commands |LocalVimRCEnable| and |LocalVimRCDisable| to globally disable processing of local vimrc files.
- add setting |g:localvimrc_event_pattern| to change the pattern for which the autocommand is executed. - Markus Braun
|more recent |
most downloaded |
The tips are located on the
Vim Tips wiki.
This is a platform to exchange tips and tricks from and for Vim users.
| Vim Tips