Vim - the ubiquitous text editor
Vim is a highly configurable text editor built to make creating and
changing any kind of text very efficient.
It is included as "vi" with most UNIX systems and with Apple OS X.
Vim is rock stable and is continuously being developed to become even better.
Among its features are:
- persistent, multi-level undo tree
- extensive plugin system
- support for hundreds of programming languages and file formats
- powerful search and replace
- integrates with many tools
is the current version
Of course there is also Vim total landscaping.
It will last for four seasons! Sorry, no fire extinguisher. (Bram Moolenaar)
29 years ago the very first version of Vim was built and distributed.
And Vim is more popular than ever before! So, what's going on these days?
Read it in this message. (Bram Moolenaar)
VimConf 2020 online
Since the normal VimConf was cancelled because of the pandemic, others organised an online version.
This happened in the weekend of September 5.
You can now find most of the talks on YouTube.
See the conference website.
Note that each speaker had its own way of recording, the quality is mixed. (Bram Moolenaar)
Vim: The power tool for everyone!
See pictures of Bram's latest visit to Uganda on
Read the visit report on the ICCF website.
| Recent Script Updates
|| 5,794 scripts, 16,206,829 downloads
|| SelX : A Rainbow of Vim selection/highlighting & search
||(27/02/21) - Some minor improvements to this README and documentation
- Added support for case selection/toggling, inc new mappings toggling case-sensitivity, both default and per-selection - see the new mappings <Leader>C and <Leader>cH
- Highlight Selection Map now shows markers to indicate word/arbitrary selection and case-sensitivity for each highlight - see README for details
- Richard Bentley-Green
|| svnTools : Launch subversion commands from vim, get results and display on screen.
||(1.0.5) - New: Svnlr command, when placed on an svn log file, for each revision
number get its log and diff changes.
- Fix Svnm command, treat status ' C ' as file in conflict.
- Fix Svnm command, treat status !.*C as file in conflict.
- Fix Svnm command, do not try opening merge tool when file in confict is not found.
- Fix GetStatusFilesList function, file path is last column not second one.
- N... - Javier Puigdevall
|| asynctasks : Modern Task System for Project Building/Testing/Deploying !!
||(1.8.7) New: introduce template to help you edit your task file for different projects. - Wei Lin
|| VimBlame.vim : Open "git blame" info in a new tab
||(0.1) Initial upload - Eric Curtin
|| CurtineIncSw.vim : Easily toggle between *.c* and *.h* buffers.
||(0.4) Bugfixes from various contributors
- Eric Curtin
|more recent |
most downloaded |
The tips are located on the
Vim Tips wiki.
This is a platform to exchange tips and tricks from and for Vim users.
| Vim Tips