Vim - the ubiquitous text editor
Vim is a highly configurable text editor built to make creating and
changing any kind of text very efficient.
It is included as "vi" with most UNIX systems and with Apple OS X.
Vim is rock stable and is continuously being developed to become even better.
Among its features are:
- persistent, multi-level undo tree
- extensive plugin system
- support for hundreds of programming languages and file formats
- powerful search and replace
- integrates with many tools
is the current version
new :defer command
Cleaning up after creating a file or directory can easily be forgotten.
To make it easier the :defer command has been added.
It works like it does in the Go language.
Also, you can add a flag to writefile() and mkdir() to have them defer a delete() call.
This is especially useful in tests, where temp files need to be cleaned up.
Read about it in the help file. (Bram Moolenaar)
Virtual text has been implemented
The past weeks a new feature has been added, that allows for displaying text in between the buffer text.
Since this text does not exist in the file this is often called "virtual text".
The virtual text can appear inside the line, after the line and below the line.
You can read about it in the help. (Bram Moolenaar)
Vim 9.0 is released!
Finally, after years of hard work, there is a new major release of Vim.
Besides many additions and fixes, the main new item is the support for Vim9 script.
You can go straight to the Download page and try it out.
Or read the announcement. (Bram Moolenaar)
Vim: The power tool for everyone!
See pictures of Bram's latest visit to Uganda on
Read the visit report on the ICCF website.
| Recent Script Updates
|| 5,872 scripts, 17,061,712 downloads
|| vim-shitespace : Show bad whitespace
||(0.2.0) - Changed installation slightly (vim 7.x); 8.x is unaffected
- Minor improvements - Dan Church
|| Nvim-R : Plugin to work with R
||(0.9.17) * Require either Neovim 0.5.0 or Vim 8.2.84.
* New options: R_set_omnifunc, R_auto_omni, R_rmarkdown_args, R_objbr_auto_start, R_quarto_render_args, and R_quarto_preview_args, R_debug_center, R_term_title.
* Delete options: R_omni_tmp_file and R_omni_size. - Jakson Aquino
|| MOS 6502 Assembler : Vim syntax highlighting for the ca65 assembler
||(1.0) Initial upload - Martin Krischik
|| gitTools : Set of tools to perform git commands.
||(0.0.4) - New: on commands Gitda, Gitdf..., add date, hour and branch name to the generated diff file name.
- Fix: commands Gitm, Gitmf, Gitmp used to merge conlicts. Allowed layouts: 1, 2, 3, 4.
- New: command GitcmA to ammend previous commit
- New: command Gitcma to commit all changed files already tracked skipping stage area.
- New: command GitlS to display log changing string.
- New: command Gitl... - Javier Puigdevall
|| tinygo.vim : TinyGo support to Vim
||(0.2.0) Initial upload - Masaaki Takasago
|more recent |
most downloaded |
The tips are located on the
Vim Tips wiki.
This is a platform to exchange tips and tricks from and for Vim users.
| Vim Tips