is the current version
Did you know about persistent undo?
A feature I enjoy using myself is not known to many users, as I found out last weekend. Besides undo with as many levels as you like, Vim also offers storing the undo information in a file. So you can exit Vim, reboot your computer and still undo changes you made. See the help for 'undofile'. (Bram Moolenaar)
Article about installing gVim on Windows7
Pritesh Ugrankar has written an article that was published in the Open Source For You Magazine.
You can read it here (PDF).
Thanks to the publisher to allow us to re-publish the article. (Bram Moolenaar)
Vim: The power tool for everyone!
Bram has visited the Vim charity project, read about it in his
Uganda visit report.
| Recent Script Updates
|| 5,052 scripts, 10,202,825 downloads
|| vim-stardict : Looking up meaning of words inside Vim using SDCV dictionary
||(0.4.0) * Added support for Zsh
* Added custom $STARDICT_DIR variable to let users specify vim-stardict installation directory - Phong Cao
|| VimCompletesMe : Simple tab completion for Vim
||(1.2) * Fix an issue with remapping default keybindings
* Documentation updates - Akshay Hegde
|| zeavim : Execute the documentation browser Zeal from Vim
||(1.4.2) Follow zeal 0.1.0 changes:
- No more --query in zeal's command.
- Docsets names are now in lower case. - Kabbaj Amine
|| Treemap : Create Treemaps with VIM
||(0.8) Update Version 0.8
- Size of treemap ist now adjustable
- More menu entries
- Update VIM help file
- Check if every unit has only one parent
- Create a log file - Volker Wolf
|| vim-webdevicons : vim web developer filetype font unicode icons for NERDTree and vim-airline
||(v0.4.0) New in v0.4.0:
Many bug fixes & improvements since last post/version, including:
* *font patching* - the ability to patch any font you want to use
* *better terminal support* - works with in more terminals (single width glyphs now possible)
* *massive documentation updates*
* *many other bug fixes and improvements* - Ryan M
|more recent |
most downloaded |
The tips are located on the
Vim Tips wiki.
This is a platform to exchange tips and tricks from and for Vim users.
| Vim Tips
A list of patches available for Vim can be found on the
vim_dev maillist pages.
These add new or improved features, at the cost of having to rebuild Vim.
| Vim Patches