Vim - the ubiquitous text editor
Vim is a highly configurable text editor built to make creating and
changing any kind of text very efficient.
It is included as "vi" with most UNIX systems and with Apple OS X.
Vim is rock stable and is continuously being developed to become even better.
Among its features are:
- persistent, multi-level undo tree
- extensive plugin system
- support for hundreds of programming languages and file formats
- powerful search and replace
- integrates with many tools
is the current version
Vim voted #1 text editor on diffur
It's no surprise to Vim users, but always nice to see how Vim compares to other editors. You can view the list on diffur.com. (Bram Moolenaar)
Secure connection available
Notice the "go to HTTPS page" link in the header? Use it to go to the securely connected version of the same Vim pages.
This runs on the sourceforge servers, thus the URL cannot end in vim.org. This is especially recommended if you upload or download scripts. (Bram Moolenaar)
Vim 25 birthday presentation
On November 2nd I did a presentation about Vim at Google Zurich.
This is exactly 25 years since the first public version of Vim was
The presentation gives an overview of Vim history and highlights the
important choices that were made. With background information on
my personal life and what was the state of computing, the context in
which Vim was developed.
You can find it on Youtube.
Vim: The power tool for everyone!
See pictures of Bram's latest visit to Uganda on
Read the visit report on the ICCF website.
| Recent Script Updates
|| 5,455 scripts, 11,939,129 downloads
|| factorus : Vim plugin for automated refactoring
||(1.5) Numerous bug fixes, improved method formatting, and different file structure - Austin Palmer
|| Vim PHP Wrapper : A plug-in to speed up PHP development
||(1.0.1) * Fix closing a tagged file also wipes out an existing buffer.
* Fix tag conflict in help file.
* Add CHANGELOG.md - diepm
|| ALE - Asynchronous Lint Engine : Lint while you type in Vim
||(1.4.0) ## Bugs Fixed
- Escaping of strings for the shell on Windows has been fixed in a major way. Safe strings are passed on verbatim. Strings with spaces are quoted, and percents and quotes are doubled. All other strings have characters with special meanings escaped with carets (`^`).
- ALE was checking files when `g:ale_run_on_insert_leave` was set to `1`, when it should only check buffers. This has... - w0rp
|| ingo-library : Vimscript library of common functions.
||(1.031) *** First release that's also available on GitHub: https://github.com/inkarkat/vim-ingo-library ***
- FIX: Potentially invalid indexing of l:otherResult[l:i] in s:GetUnjoinedResult(). Use get() for inner List access, too.
- Add special ingo#compat#synstack to work around missing patch 7.2.014: synstack() doesn't work in an empty line.
- BUG: ingo#comments#SplitIndentAndText() and ingo#comments#... - Ingo Karkat
|| SumOfSelection : Calculate sum of visual (block) selected numbers
||(1.16) - Added base[decimal/hex/bin, base n] function
- Refactoring - Ivo van Kamp
|more recent |
most downloaded |
The tips are located on the
Vim Tips wiki.
This is a platform to exchange tips and tricks from and for Vim users.
| Vim Tips